Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: QF- Liverpool v Blackburn - 8th March

Re: QF- Liverpool v Blackburn - 8th March

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    Ive lost you specnur. I thought we were talking about 5 attacking players. When did defending come into it and who are we?Are you a Liverpool fan now
    When is defending NOT part of the game?
    How can i say they'll have the most potent offense in Europe without taking into consideration what they might come up against ffs?
    Oh so your saying the teams liverpool play in the premier league are better defensively than what real come up against. Just forget about that argument coz we're not going to agree. Both teams played in the same group in the champions league and we all know who looked better going forward against basel and ludogarets. Anyway forget about that real have more pace and technique in attack than liverpool and that makes them better Iin the departments we are talking about. I mean if arsenal had a choice between sterling ballotelli and sturridge or ronaldo bale and benzema who do you think theyd go for.

Oh so your saying the teams liverpool play in the premier league are better defensively than what real come up against. Just forget about that argument coz we're not going to agree. Both teams played in the same group in the champions league and we all know who looked better going forward against basel and ludogarets.
    Doing your usual "missing the entire point" habit there pal.
    I said if Liverpool get their players in sync with each other and play as a team they will have the offense in Europe.
    And i saw Sterling last season make a mockery of vaunted defenses such as Chelsea and Man city ,if you are going to try and tell me there better defenses in those other leagues then you need help. Sterling in that mood knowing his place on the team as a part of the mechanism and NOT the most important player you will get the best out of him. Until he and the other integrate Mario Balotelli into their plans they will not play at their best as a team and you HAVE NOT SEEN THAT in the champions league form them.

Anyway forget about that real have more pace and technique in attack than liverpool and that makes them better Iin the departments we are talking about. I mean if arsenal had a choice between sterling ballotelli and sturridge or ronaldo bale and benzema who do you think theyd go for.
    But Liverpool as shaky as they are have better defense than Real Madrid it all about who Liverpool play at the time. Liverpool up until recently were relying on Gerrard as defensive help and that cost them ,I mentioned that for 4 season's that he was dead weight the majority of the time for Liverpool ,so playing him just because he has some stature in the hearts of Liverpool fans was suicidal. When someone more agile like Lucas would have been a better choice in front of the back line. Again , by comparing 3 players to 3 players is missing the point ,as you are not taking into consideration the intricacies that make up team chemistry . Right now i would pick Balotelli over any of those players without a shadow of a doubt just as your asking though.

Yes there are plenty of good defenses in la liga. Chelsea have a solid defense but tbe top 4 in spain at the moment certainly are better than what city Liverpool or arsenal have. Look you dont watch la liga so you cant comment on it.

Yes there are plenty of good defenses in la liga. Chelsea have a solid defense but tbe top 4 in spain at the moment certainly are better than what city Liverpool or arsenal have. Look you dont watch la liga so you cant comment on it.
    How do you know i don't watch it?
    I watch enough to comment on it i'll tell you that!
    And the only team that and a premiership level defense were athletic madrid and they have basically adopted an English style of play to gain their current success ,so that answers that conundrum.

And the only team that and a premiership level defense were athletic madrid and they have basically adopted an English style of play to gain their current success ,so that answers that conundrum.
    You obviously dont watch valencia coz you would have mentioned there solid defence this year. Also sevilla have been good defensively the last couple of years. La liga is just as organised if not more than the premier league. Each year it loses top players but it just replaces them with as good or better players

You obviously dont watch valencia coz you would have mentioned there solid defence this year. Also sevilla have been good defensively the last couple of years. La liga is just as organised if not more than the premier league. Each year it loses top players but it just replaces them with as good or better players
    You are right i haven't watched Valencia and why would i ,they are 4th in a inferior league. How are they doing in Europe this year?

Valencia beat real and atletico and lost in injury time to barca so there not bad are they. No there not in europe this year but are looki g like getting fourth or third. Last year bilbao got fourth and the year before sociedad. Not like the premier league where arsenal are never out of the top four even though there an average team. Just tells me its more competitive in and around that area in la liga

Valencia beat real and atletico and lost in injury time to barca so there not bad are they. No there not in europe this year but are looki g like getting fourth or third. Last year bilbao got fourth and the year before sociedad. Not like the premier league where arsenal are never out of the top four even though there an average team. Just tells me its more competitive in and around that area in la liga
    Talking absolute bollox again mate! Leave it ffs!