Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QF- Man Utd v Arsenal - 9th March

Re: QF- Man Utd v Arsenal - 9th March

Welbeck isn't very good, I'd like to send him back asap - half time if poss.

Hope he scores now.

Fantastic footwork form Ox for the goal for us ,but mere minutes after Monreal was culpable for allowing DI maria too much space to make the cross for Rooney to bury. Mertasacker was looking a bit shaky out there , Sanchez i think is trying to hard to find the net and allowing better options to pass by. Cazorla has been decent but a bit below his usual standard and Welbeck has been pretty average .Every time that ball went up to him and ended up with a Man u possession again i couldn't stop myself thinking about what if Mario was in that position. Ozil has been better did a bit of tracking back early showing bait more effort ,but he didn't half turn that ball over a lot later in the half. Second half should be more of the same i reckon tight game ,but we need to put more pressure in and around the ball when we don't have possession like we have done earlier in the season. Anyway the goal for us should be enough inspiration for the second half ,but the response by man U so soon after should balance out any overly confident play .

anyone heard Ozil's name in this second half 70th minute and he hasn't been mentioned once which means he hasn't been doing sh!t.
    Come on lad w e have the lead all hands on deck ffs!

Balotelli has scored 4 goals this year, the same as Ozil.

Start of that this second half was incredible for arsenal we got that pressure back and as i said Man u can't play with us when we play like that. They have resorted to kicking us up in the air like days of old. How many yellow card can Fellaini dodge ffs!
    What an incredible save form De Gea .
    Di Maria off ,but i still don't trust us when Ozil is still invisible at the 79th minute ,but it probably means we are both playing with 10 men though!

Exciting enough game between two average sides. Ball was given away too many times by both teams. Arsenal should have controlled that game when playing against ten

I really dislike United, so many unlikeable cheats and their football is ugly, so putting our victory aside I think the FA Cup just got a whole lot better with their exit.

Really didn't believe this was possible tonight, we weren't great but I'll take a lucky win, United didn't do enough and De Gea made a slew of amazing saves which Szczesny would undoubtedly have let in. On that note, I'd love to buy a really good keeper in the summer, so jealous watching other keepers routinely win their teams matches with sensible displays.

Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    Exciting enough game between two average sides. Ball was given away too many times by both teams. Arsenal should have controlled that game when playing against ten
    Agreed, we're actually not very good at keeping hold of the ball under pressure at the moment - we've struggled with it all season, with United down to 10, in their current state it should have been fairly simple to just keep the ball and keep calm but we were unable.

Not a great performance from us overall but the second half plain with 10 men as Ozil was non existent ,was impeccable .
    The pressure we put on them at the start of the second half reduced Man U to cloggers if we are to be honest .They just couldn't hang with us too much pressure and they just had to concede a goal form that amount of battering. What i did not like though was our tendency to ease up after DI Maria was sent off which is not a good look moving forward.Great game Reading or Bradford in the semi couldn't be any better .
    I must give a special mention to Chambers ,he showed why i thought he should have started this game he nullified everything in that box like champ ,stayed on his feet and did a job and a half . I like Bellerin even though i thought he was out of his depth when he first started for us ,buyout he was on a yellow and Man u were targeting him from a another.