Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: QF- Man Utd v Arsenal - 9th March

Re: QF- Man Utd v Arsenal - 9th March

Not a great performance from us overall but the second half plain with 10 men as Ozil was non existent ,was impeccable .
    The pressure we put on them at the start of the second half reduced Man U to cloggers if we are to be honest .They just couldn't hang with us too much pressure and they just had to concede a goal form that amount of battering. What i did not like though was our tendency to ease up after DI Maria was sent off which is not a good look moving forward.Great game Reading or Bradford in the semi couldn't be any better .
    I must give a special mention to Chambers ,he showed why i thought he should have started this game he nullified everything in that box like champ ,stayed on his feet and did a job and a half . I like Bellerin even though i thought he was out of his depth when he first started for us ,buyout he was on a yellow and Man u were targeting him from a another.

FT

Man Utd 1-2 Arsenal
    0-1 Monreal 25'
    1-1 Rooney 29'
    1-2 Welbeck 61'

Arsenal win away at Old Trafford for the first time in Eight years while Man Utd will go a 2nd year without winning any trophy.
    What a stupid moment from Di Maria grabbing the referee's shirt like that and shame on Adnan Janujaz for diving to try and win a penalty.
    Any comments on The Gunners victory? They had 9,000 fans at the match but it could be Tuesday morning until most of them get home!
    Of all people it had to be Welbeck who scored the winner!

Another mention for Coquelin, his good form has not let up since December. Still too soon for me to start believing he's genuinely as excellent as his form says but if this continues into next season...

Big win for Arsenal, Man Utd can have no complaints, the better team won. Nice bit of jinking footwork by Chamberlain for that first goal, almost Kane like . Nonsense by Di Maria for the weakest of weak red cards, but to be honest they didn't really look like getting back into it in the second half. Defensive calamity aside, I'm quite pleased Wellbeck shoved it down LVG's throat for the winner. The Dutch man has a bit to prove now, a fortune spent and top four is the only "trophy" available this season. How much is he going to spend in the summer to get this team in contention? I'd like to see Spurs win on Sunday to turn the heat up another notch...
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Have to say De Gea kept the score line respectable too, we had another 3 or 4 very good chances that many keepers may have let slip.

That's not to say United didn't have chances themselves but I don't think our keeper did anything massively impressive to keep us in the game.

well ..I am so happy after that win ...at long last we beat Man Utd , and I think we thoroughly deserved it . The fact that Danny Wellbeck scored the winner made it just that bit more special ...overall it was a very good game , a great first goal by Monreal and super dribble by Ox , it was a shame we only had the lead for 4 mins ...we never should have let Rooney be able to get that header ..terrific though it was ...we should have done better there .

I thought the referee had a good game , never let the crowd influence his decisions in the game and I feel he got most of them right ...the dive by Di Maria and the even worse dive by Janujaz ..that really was laughable ...the red card for Di Maria may have been see as harsh by some ..but you just cannot touch the ref these days . I think Bellerin was perhaps fortunate with a couple of tackles after his yellow card so early in the game ..but again the ref did not let the crowd or Man Utd players affect his decision with those tackles . I think the number of fouls Man Utd commited and the bookings they got shows how desperate they were in the latter stages of the game .

Now onto Wellbeck ..so pleased he was able to get the winner , showed his pace to take advantage of that error by Valencia and slide the ball in the empty net , we should have had a few more ...David De Gea showing what a fantastic keeper he is with saves from Cazorla and Sanchez . Not too bad a performance by Ozil ...but he faded badly in the second half ...it was as if he wasn't there at all , Sanchez by comparison was always fighting and trying to create something ...feel bad for the Ox ...hope his hamstring is not too bad .

Finally ..no easy games as it is the semi final ...but Bradford or Reading ..we have a great chance of making the final again .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenals-francis-coquelin-more-defensive-5263919
    Thats impressive alright. Now all ye need is a midfielder to keep the ball and dictate the play

Quote Originally Posted by Conner99
    well ..I am so happy after that win ...at long last we beat Man Utd , and I think we thoroughly deserved it . The fact that Danny Wellbeck scored the winner made it just that bit more special ...overall it was a very good game , a great first goal by Monreal and super dribble by Ox , it was a shame we only had the lead for 4 mins ...we never should have let Rooney be able to get that header ..terrific though it was ...we should have done better there .

I thought the referee had a good game , never let the crowd influence his decisions in the game and I feel he got most of them right ...the dive by Di Maria and the even worse dive by Janujaz ..that really was laughable ...the red card for Di Maria may have been see as harsh by some ..but you just cannot touch the ref these days . I think Bellerin was perhaps fortunate with a couple of tackles after his yellow card so early in the game ..but again the ref did not let the crowd or Man Utd players affect his decision with those tackles . I think the number of fouls Man Utd commited and the bookings they got shows how desperate they were in the latter stages of the game .

Now onto Wellbeck ..so pleased he was able to get the winner , showed his pace to take advantage of that error by Valencia and slide the ball in the empty net , we should have had a few more ...David De Gea showing what a fantastic keeper he is with saves from Cazorla and Sanchez . Not too bad a performance by Ozil ...but he faded badly in the second half ...it was as if he wasn't there at all , Sanchez by comparison was always fighting and trying to create something ...feel bad for the Ox ...hope his hamstring is not too bad .
    Great post Connor!
    Hit it right on the mark with ref ,but i still don't like the arrogant twat!