Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 21112

Thread: England Squads

I also think that Andy Carroll should have been re called as he gives us a different option.

Goalkeepers:

Jack Butland (Stoke), Fraser Forster (Southampton),
    Joe Hart (Torino, on loan from Man City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders:

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool),
    Aaron Cresswell (West Ham), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Phil Jones (Man Utd),
    Chris Smalling (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham),
    Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders:

Dele Alli (Tottenham), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Adam Lallana (Liverpool),
    Jesse Lingard (Man Utd), Jake Livermore (West Brom), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal),
    Raheem Sterling (Man City)

Forwards:

Jermain Defoe (Sunderland), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd),
    Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Squad to play Scotland on 10th June and France on 13th June.

I didn't notice Aaron Cresswell had got in the England squad.
    I'm not so sure if he really deserved it as he hasn't been that
    great for West Ham this season. I'd have gone for Kieran Gibbs.

We have another Spurs player,this time Kieran Trippier, more bias?!

four goalkeepers and three right backs?

look at that midfield. we really are shocking in central midfield particularly. we've gone from Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard to Dier and Livermore

Always a bit of a surprise, don't know why, when you look at the England squads these days. It is a distillation of the best of English talent in the top tier, so surprising to see players from small clubs like Burnley, Middlesbrough and West Ham feature. It is obviously pleasing for me that so many Tottenham players get the call up, not just because we have achieved top four in the last two seasons, but top four with a healthy sprinkling of English players. More than enough to beat Scotland, lets face a Championship side would give Scotland a game, and interesting to see how they compete against France. I was wondering if Rooney would scrape in again, that would have been depressing, glad that Southgate has at least that much about him to leave him out of the squad.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!