Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: England Squads

Re: England Squads

Aston Villa's Jack Grealish has opted to play for England and not Rep of Ireland.

Has he made the right decision? Is he good enough to play for the 3 Lions in midfield?

he obviously has some ambition and fancies his chances and i don't see why he couldn't represent the country of his birth. you would have thought Ireland would be sick of plastic paddys representing them anyway.

Grealish will undoubtedly look at some of the shite that we call up and fancy his chances.

squad v Estonia and Lithuania

Goalkeepers

Jack Butland (Stoke City), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders
    Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders
    Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Forwards
    Danny Ings (Liverpool), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Dele Alli of Spurs and Danny Ings of Liverpool are called up for first time but there is no return yet for Daniel Sturridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Dele Alli of Spurs and Danny Ings of Liverpool are called up for first time but there is no return yet for Daniel Sturridge.

it cracks me up. Alli has made 3/4 Premier League appearances in his whole life.
    Ings had 0 call ups while he was banging them in for Burnley yet a few sub appearances for Liverpool and he's straight in the squad. is he now a superior player to last season or something?

meanwhile our esteemed captain continues doing absolutely nothing and yet there he is, without fail.

Ryan Bertrand. he's been injured all season. Cahill? absolutely atrocious. Gibbs? how many he actually played? Jones? barely played all season.

Lallana? has he played? if so anonymous at best. Oxlade-CHamberain? sub most weeks and ineffective every week.

Kane? just

that's our squad gents. can you believe it?

With regards to Alli aren't our critics always saying we don't give the young players a chance?

I agree about Bertrand,Cahill,Gibbs and Jones not deserving a place plus Lallana and Rooney too.

The problem is who else can Roy call up when the number of English players in PL are becoming fewer and fewer?

Stones is out and Walker and Townsend have come in.

With regards to Alli aren't our critics always saying we don't give the young players a chance?
    No, they usually say we hype them up into oblivion and then watch them burn out and never reach their potential. he's only played about three games for the under 21s as well. why is that? now all of a sudden he is a full squad member? it's a baffling rise in a ridiculously short space of time.

I agree about Bertrand,Cahill,Gibbs and Jones not deserving a place plus Lallana and Rooney too.

The problem is who else can Roy call up when the number of English players in PL are becoming fewer and fewer?

Stones is out and Walker and Townsend have come in.
    Walker and Townsend ffs. it just gets more laughable. successive england managers seem to have this obsession with mediocre spurs players.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

Walker and Townsend ffs. it just gets more laughable. successive england managers seem to have this obsession with mediocre spurs players.
    You so jealous . Our mediocre English players are better than West Ham's mediocre players, so take that.
    We've already qualified, we're up against poor opposition, I've no problem with Roy calling up players who don't usually make the cut. Sure, give youth a chance, why not? This is practically a friendly, if Roy sticks with the "old guard" he'll be labelled as having no imagination, flair, or boldness as a manager. He picks young players, and he is burning them out, just goes to show you can't win as an England manager. The fact is we've now lost a lot of the "old guard" anyway, he doesn't have much choice so young players, and potentially players from the Championship in the future, are a reality. Just a shame the excellent Mason is still injured, he'd be the first name on my squad sheet.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

You so jealous . Our mediocre English players are better than West Ham's mediocre players, so take that.
    We've already qualified, we're up against poor opposition, I've no problem with Roy calling up players who don't usually make the cut. Sure, give youth a chance, why not? This is practically a friendly, if Roy sticks with the "old guard" he'll be labelled as having no imagination, flair, or boldness as a manager. He picks young players, and he is burning them out, just goes to show you can't win as an England manager. The fact is we've now lost a lot of the "old guard" anyway, he doesn't have much choice so young players, and potentially players from the Championship in the future, are a reality. Just a shame the excellent Mason is still injured, he'd be the first name on my squad sheet.

Walker and Townsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Just a shame the excellent Mason is still injured, he'd be the first name on my squad sheet.
    And therein lies the problem, Mason is an erratic player that gets too much credit for his energy and enthusiasm and in light of glaring technical ability.You basic England standard .