Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SF-Reading v Arsenal - 18th April

SF-Reading v Arsenal - 18th April

Reading take on Arsenal in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley at 5.20pm on Saturday afternoon.
    Any comments or predictions?

Re: SF-Reading v Arsenal - 18th April

4-1 arsenal.

Teams

Reading:
    Federici, Gunter, Obita, Pearce, Hector, Williams, Chalobah, McCleary, Robson-Kanu, Mackie, Pogrebnyak.

SUBS: Andersen, Kelly, Cooper, Karacan, Norwood, Cox, Yakubu.

Arsenal:
    Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Welbeck.

SUBS: Ospina, Gabriel, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud.

he hasn't had a great game so far ,but fantastic assist by Ozil.

Sanchez has been off from in this one more than other games , his passing has been lacking big time.
    Need to sub him for Walcott.

i would have brought on Chambers for Mertersacker personally.

Well i have to give Reading some credit for hanging with us ,but i think team selection helped them out a lot.
    I don't think Debuchy should have started coming off of a long injury ,Gibbs looks tired right now even though he's been getting past players down the wing late in the second half. Sanchez' final pass has been absolutely abysmal and why Cazorla has been playing so deep i really don't understand. Coquelin has been another man of the match performance . I'd like to see Walcott come on and exploit them tired legs on that Reading team.
    I'd have to sacrifice Ramsey for Walcott.

FT

Reading 1-2 Arsenal AET
    0-1 Sanchez 39'
    1-1 McCleary 54'
    1-2 Sanchez 105'

The Gunners reach the FA Cup final for a 2nd year in a row but were made to work very hard due to a brave Reading performance.
    What a disaster for Royals keeper Federici who let a soft shot from Sanchez between his legs and over the line as he been great until then.

well that was hard work!
    The team selection i think made this game harder than it should have been,but it never cost us in the end .
    Sanchez may get man of the match for his two goals ,but from an intelligent football fans point of view over the course of 90 minutes Coquelin was that for me.
    When you look at how well a player does his job ,then no one on that pitch was better than the Frenchman.
    nervous day out for Arsenal fans because losing this game to that lot would have undone a lot of good work this season.
    Look like Villa in the final then!

i don't think i've ever seen a team in an FA Cup Semi FInal as incompetent as this Reading team. ball retention was a joke!

still, Arsenal got lucky and progress.