Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final- Arsenal v Aston Villa-30th May- 5.30pm

Final- Arsenal v Aston Villa-30th May- 5.30pm

Will the Gunners retain their FA Cup or will Aston Villa cause an upset in the final at Wembley?
    Any predictions?

Re: Final- Arsenal v Aston Villa-30th May- 5.30pm

Cup finals can throw up surprises, last season's looked like it might do that until Hull collapsed. However, I can't really see past Arsenal for this one, they look as good as I can remember for many seasons at the moment. Possibly Villa's 6-1 thrashing at Souhampton and the home defeat to Burnley could be partly put down to the players having one eye on this game. However, not exactly the form to make you think the Villans can do the business at Wembley.

Arsenal 4 Aston Villa 1
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

TEAMS:

Arsenal
    Szczesny, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Walcott.

Subs: Ospina, Gibbs, Gabriel, Flamini, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud.

Aston Villa:
    Given, Hutton, Vlaar, Okore, Richardson, Westwood, Delph, Cleverley, Grealish, N'Zogbia, Benteke.

Subs: Guzan, Bacuna, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Cole, Sanchez, Baker

So what are the EL implications for this match. Does the winner go, or has Arsenal already clinched a CL ticket

Ok, I looked it up. So if Aston wins, they get an EL ticket. If Arsenal wins, EPL 8th place goes.

oops, 7th pl Southhampton since the East Londoners clinched a spot thru the weird Fair Play berth, which is dumb.

I like that AV doesn't already get the EL spot. Make em work 4 it.

Benteke is pronounced Ben-tek-eh. Some people stretch out that last syllable, they shouldn't.

This game is boring so far, I wonder if today's Barca game will be better.

Wembley Stadium, the future home of WrestleMania if some get their way

I can't believe we have to wait a week till the CL Final, it should be on Wednesday like the good ol days.

Should be 3-0 Arsenal, total domination, a well taken goal by Walcott. Big second half for TS, changes badly needed to get some meaningful penetration. The one thing Villa have going for them is that they are only 1-0 down. Still canít see this being anything other than a Gooner win.

Slow Start form Ozil ,but he came on strong after the first 10 minutes. Cazorla is putting in his best performance for about 2 months.
    Not sure if villa can end this game with a full roster on the pitch the way they are going ,and it will only get worse when the fatigue starts setting in.

FFS even Mertesacker scored...