Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1353626364 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 712

Thread: 2016 US Presidential Election

  1. #621
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur View Post
    Mate the media basically put Trump in office ,what they didn't understand is what was under the surface of American society .
    They and themselves look like fools ,totally disconnected with the real issues . If anyone made fools of themselves you only have to look at the party that Trump represents .You want to talk about scuttling in desperation ? You look at that lot doing anything they could to stop this clown winning the nomination ,when it wa them and their racist ideology that created the groundswell that put him in office .
    So pissed off they were by Obama ignoring their constant blocking of his policies and talking executive order and going it alone ,that like the whiny bitches they are ran and told anyone white that would listen that President Blackenstein was about to take away their rights.
    Trump lucked into that presidency make no mistake about it ,right place right time .You only have to look at the calamity of him running around trying to fill positions to know that. The country is a f@cking laughing stock .
    The is the ultimate reality tv show! Will of the people my ass ,if it were the will of the people Clinton would be in office today because they fitted for her and not him .

    Most of us have known for years, in America in particular that , the media had no credibility ! I don't know what part of the media you gave any credit to ,but i switched them fools off years ago.

    You are damn right he will be scrutinized ,are you KIDDING me? The sh!t that came out of his mouth , in the most powerful position on earth ? Like Obama being the first black president wasn't the most scrutinized before him ,give me a break mate ffs!

    What tiny details are you on about "alternative fact","the president won't be questioned" etc have heard some of the crap his people have said ffs! it is the most legally ignorant front office i have ever witnessed in my life ! They don't even know the constitution .

    This is a windfall for the press ,not because it's chock full insignificant laughs and mishaps ,but because the blunders are just down right embarrassing mate.
    You look at the faces of some of the people discussing some of this crap his cabinet have said thus far and you can see the genuine shock on their faces .
    I usually see them desperately making something out of nothing for rating all the time ,but this lot in office right now ,you couldn't see in any National Lampoon movie ffs!
    I quite agree. I'm pretty sure I said even before the election that absolutely nobody comes out of this well.

    and you're also right to say that he is absolutely the embodiment of 'right place, right time'. I still maintain that a semi-credible Democratic opponent would have beaten him - and I don't mean Bernie Sanders. Clinton had her hands dirtied far too much to be credible as we've been over.

    I'm still not entirely convinced his initial campaigning wasn't inspired by Brewster's Millions and once he'd got in deep enough his ego kicked in and he rode the wave. the funny thing is, if you look at the Monarchy thread from long before this election you'll see my arguments against the UK adopting this style of governance being precisely the situation the US had where their choice of Head of State was between a career politician with blood on her hands all over the world and an egotistical businessman who will mostly look to serve his own interests. the stability Her Majesty provides must seem like utopia to even the most rabid anti-monarchist against this backdrop.

    I had held out hope that Trump could and would implement policies that would be beneficial to normal people. I understand he wants to introduce tax breaks for mid to low earners and I also understand that Obamacare serves as a financial ceiling for many small to medium businesses that become burdened with paying for health insurance of their employees and thus can't grow their business or employ more people.

    I have no idea on the progress of these things because it hasn't been reported on. focus on trivialities like how many people turned up at the inauguration (who the f*ck cares?) serve only to reinforce steadfast opinions.

    the campaign was won and lost among the normal people. the grafters, the working class and the underclass. the media should be focusing on that, not Meryl Streep having a dig. is he implementing policies that help them? is he championing their cause? that's what i'll be judging him on, not whether somebody gets offended by something.

  2. #622
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    you think its a conspiracy theory that the media would want to discredit and attack a man who calls them out on a near daily basis with the platform he has?
    Yes, in a nutshell, politicians with "controversial" views and/or policies attract extra media attention the world over. Also, Trump is somebody who uses the media to promote himself, his businesses, lets not kid ourselves. This is a two way street. Would Trump have made it this far if he wasn't already a media celebrity? I doubt it, he has made an awful lot out of his media profile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill View Post
    I'm still not entirely convinced his initial campaigning wasn't inspired by Brewster's Millions and once he'd got in deep enough his ego kicked in and he rode the wave. the funny thing is, if you look at the Monarchy thread from long before this election you'll see my arguments against the UK adopting this style of governance being precisely the situation the US had where their choice of Head of State was between a career politician with blood on her hands all over the world and an egotistical businessman who will mostly look to serve his own interests. the stability Her Majesty provides must seem like utopia to even the most rabid anti-monarchist against this backdrop
    My arse! The royals are a complete irrelevance to hard business of democracy and politics. We could elect a far left or a far right party to power and what would the royals do about it? F*ck all of course, they have no executive power and I'm sure they have no desire for it. Just as long as all their privileges remain in place it would all remain a sideshow to them.

    Nice try to slip that nonsense in what was otherwise a pretty fair and unbiased post.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  3. #623
    Have you guys seen he's press conferences

    I was watching one today. I only saw a bit but he was telling how big he's win was. He also told how he feels that Hillary cheated in the debates.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    My arse! The royals are a complete irrelevance to hard business of democracy and politics. We could elect a far left or a far right party to power and what would the royals do about it? F*ck all of course, they have no executive power and I'm sure they have no desire for it. Just as long as all their privileges remain in place it would all remain a sideshow to them.

    Nice try to slip that nonsense in what was otherwise a pretty fair and unbiased post.
    Well I'm sure Donny Boy is looking forward to meeting our "irrelevant" Head of State.

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    He also told how he feels that Hillary cheated in the debates.
    She did. Wikileaks showed that she was given the questions beforehand.

  6. #626
    Wikileaks Point is he's still going on about he's victory and Hillary Clinton.

  7. #627
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    Wikileaks Point is he's still going on about he's victory and Hillary Clinton.
    the veracity of the content uncovered by Wikileaks has never been questioned as far as I'm aware? it's accepted that it is completely accurate but the source of the leaks have been the issue?

    which leads us on to your second point - he is still going on about his victory because its still being dragged up with all this crap about Russians.

    crass and classless, for sure. but you'd expect nothing less. he'll see it as fighting fire with fire.

  8. #628
    Yet more diversionary "fake news" from the media about this Sweden thing. I guess this is the trouble when you're riffing and not reading from a pre-prepared autocue - you're going to muddle your wording, not be clear or concise enough and leave yourself ill-prepared for misinterpretation.

    As it happens, Trump has explained what he was going on about and, really, the focus should be on what is actually happening in Sweden now that he has shone a light on it. instead I keep reading that Trump has claimed there was a non-existent terrorist attack in Sweden that night - that is simply a lie.

    just another in a long line of tedious media circle jerks over such a triviality.

    the only debate should be whether things going on in Sweden is tolerable and whether there is a risk of such things happening in the US in order to make them relevant.

    Sweden, incidentally is one of the biggest exporters of jihadists in Europe. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37578919

    but yeah, let's ignore all that.

  9. #629
    I don't think spouting nonsense is some great plan to shift attention from he's shady businesses and politics to himself. He genuinely seems someone who likes to be loved and centre of attention. So he talks great things about himself and has these rallies.

    And about Sweden. It was the fake media themselves who came with the explanation why Trump said what he said. Maybe Trump honestly forgot what the news he was watching was about or was fumbling with he's words but i bet he wasn't so concerned with the facts. Just saying stuff that he's audience likes to hear. It is still ridiculous that most of he's stuff must be taken as you were listening a 5 year old.

  10. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    I don't think spouting nonsense is some great plan to shift attention from he's shady businesses and politics to himself. He genuinely seems someone who likes to be loved and centre of attention. So he talks great things about himself and has these rallies.
    what shady business and politics?

    of course he likes to be loved and centre of attention, politicians generally do. You might recall Trumps predecessor singing songs and dancing on TV or Trump's opponent wheeling out celebrities to bask in their reflective glory.

    these rallies are actually very interesting. it allows him an opportunity to speak to people directly rather than through the medium of the media. much like his twitter feed which has been so derided. This is a President who is actively making himself available to the people and calling out the media in any way he can. its a novel approach and, as an outsider, I very much enjoy it. if it can influence a shift in politics from the 'media savvy' oily type crap we endured under Blair and Cameron then it is to be applauded.

    Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    And about Sweden. It was the fake media themselves who came with the explanation why Trump said what he said. Maybe Trump honestly forgot what the news he was watching was about or was fumbling with he's words but i bet he wasn't so concerned with the facts. Just saying stuff that he's audience likes to hear. It is still ridiculous that most of he's stuff must be taken as you were listening a 5 year old.
    when he speaks, even in crowds, he talks as though he is in a one to one conversation rather than conducting a speech. he clearly isn't a skilled orator and is about as unpolished as you can get in terms of public speaking. in conversational terms you'd have the chance to ask him what he meant or delve into it more but in this setting that opportunity doesn't happen and so when his mis-speaks he just carries on without elaboration.

    aside from his fudged wording, he is absolutely right to raise concern about events in Sweden in recent years. nobody will want to talk about it though for obvious reasons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •