Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2363727374 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Trump has now withdrawn the US from the Paris Climate agreement. Bollocks to future generations - lets make America great again! .
    I don't know the specifics but isn't the reasoning behind the withdrawal that the US are effectively subsidising other countries that do not even bother to meet the same requirements the US are obliged to adhere to?

what are the figures for cost and the performance of those taking money? does anyone have them to hand to stop me needing to do my own research?

Lots of he's staff are former lobbyers so I guess main thing is make for money for these people. At least from Trump's staffs point of view.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...f-paris-215218

This writer thinks it's more to do with wanting to show the world that he can still do stuff as not many things he has attempted ended up so good lately. And also to show he's base that he's still against the elite and so on.

I wonder will they actually pull out though. Trump has said all kind of things and then later the actual results have been watered down versions or just forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    I don't know the specifics but isn't the reasoning behind the withdrawal that the US are effectively subsidising other countries that do not even bother to meet the same requirements the US are obliged to adhere to?

what are the figures for cost and the performance of those taking money? does anyone have them to hand to stop me needing to do my own research?
    Im sure that President Chump got his figures from Fox News. I believe his reasoning behind this was to secure jobs in Pittsburgh, lets hope the grandkids of Pittsburgh aren't too annoyed that their country stopped on measures that led to increasing global temperatures to a point where the earth has become uninhabitable.

Interesting that you mention economics as i'm sure you can imagine the damage that extreme weather conditions can have on the worldwide economy and the fact that climate change is contributing to it.

Im sure that President Chump got his figures from Fox News. I believe his reasoning behind this was to secure jobs in Pittsburgh, lets hope the grandkids of Pittsburgh aren't too annoyed that their country stopped on measures that led to increasing global temperatures to a point where the earth has become uninhabitable.

Interesting that you mention economics as i'm sure you can imagine the damage that extreme weather conditions can have on the worldwide economy and the fact that climate change is contributing to it.
    have they stopped complying with targets themselves or have they just stopped paying into this gravy train?

apologies for probably being lazy but I'm finding it hard to obtain any reporting of the actual news without it being laden with opinion and doom mongering.

Am I the only one here who doesn't much care the climate change when it comes to politics. Maybe it's because governments are already doing more or less all they can without being voted out of office or that it's not something we should worry today or that we can't really do much at it at this point. Perhaps it's because I'm from a rich western country that doesn't suffer it as much as some other countries. However I think it might be that usually when I see politicians making decisions I don't like it feels that it's just some rich guys stuffing more money to themselves and other rich guys. But ruining the climate actually helps middle class at least for the moment. I'm not talking about Trump letting coal mines dump their waste into wherever they want because that will propably cost tax payers billions of dollars in the coming years but in general.

have they stopped complying with targets themselves or have they just stopped paying into this gravy train?

apologies for probably being lazy but I'm finding it hard to obtain any reporting of the actual news without it being laden with opinion and doom mongering.
    They have stopped complying with the targets. Well Trump wont need the votes when his grandkids start suffering the effects. He will probably have had his body cryogenically frozen and shot into space for some poor unfortunate aliens to defrost.

So Trump tweets a mildly funny video from the WWE with him 'beating up' CNN and this is being portrayed as him promoting or encouraging violence? ffs some people are absolutely ridiculous.

Havent heard anyone say that this is encouraging violence but it is being described as being 'non-Presidential'. I can go with that but neither was that video of Obama preening himself in the White House mirror.

Havent heard anyone say that this is encouraging violence but it is being described as being 'non-Presidential'. I can go with that but neither was that video of Obama preening himself in the White House mirror.
    a good point. as I pointed out a long time ago, Obama has completely devalued the role of US Head of State so I'm unclear exactly what 'Presidential' actually is.

a good point. as I pointed out a long time ago, Obama has completely devalued the role of US Head of State so I'm unclear exactly what 'Presidential' actually is.
    How was Obama less presidential than Bush? The guy made a total joke out of himself. One thing I think many republicans agree is that Obama brought back some dignity into presidency.