Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31213142363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Presidential Election

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    Unless a miracle happens, I'm going to have to fake a smile and pretend to really like Hilary Clinton. cringe.
    Mate , if i voted i would vote for Sanders ,but like most Democrats who also like the bloke over Hilary ,he has almost no chance of passing any of his promises in congress. Hilary will have a better chance at that even though they are not as progressive as Sanders stance on many things including scaling back military spending, tackling police corruption and racism within it's ranks and making the pharmaceutical companies more responsible and less powerful .
    Not sure if Hilary even mentioned any of those 3 .

Hilary is probably as hawkish when it comes to foreign policy as any republican. If anything, she'll scale it up and keep moving forward on an interventionist level.

What I don't understand why she has such a hold on the black community when her husband's policies upped the misery and incarceration within the community. Her stance on police brutality is weak - Sanders says anything that involves police brutality immediately goes under federal investigation.

She talks a big game and is trying to position herself next to Sanders on Wall Street and Pharma, but I don't trust her as far as I can throw her as she's in bed with all of the big players in those industries.

Will all the big name Republicans now start secretly funding Hilarys campaign! .

Hilary is probably as hawkish when it comes to foreign policy as any republican. If anything, she'll scale it up and keep moving forward on an interventionist level.

What I don't understand why she has such a hold on the black community when her husband's policies upped the misery and incarceration within the community. Her stance on police brutality is weak - Sanders says anything that involves police brutality immediately goes under federal investigation.

She talks a big game and is trying to position herself next to Sanders on Wall Street and Pharma, but I don't trust her as far as I can throw her as she's in bed with all of the big players in those industries.
    Yep , a Washington insider that is more likely to get things done.
    In the current climate in America ,especially after Obama's stint in office ,there is NO WAY Sanders gets in .
    That is just too much progression for even some democrats to take in let alone the right side of congress.
    Sad to say!

what is the point of a political President when it seems that his or her hands are tied on literally everything? what actual difference has Obama made? given he followed Bush and served the maximum two terms i'm presuming there are loads of things but i just dont know what they are. i'll happily admit to being ignorant of the US political process so could soebody please educate me.

'Yes We Can' do what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    what is the point of a political President when it seems that his or her hands are tied on literally everything? what actual difference has Obama made? given he followed Bush and served the maximum two terms i'm presuming there are loads of things but i just dont know what they are. i'll happily admit to being ignorant of the US political process so could soebody please educate me.

As you know i have never really jumped aboard the Obama love train as i never knew about the bloke until he started running for this office. I will say in this final term he is giving as good as he has got form the right wing. Obviously he had to tread carefully in his first term or else he would never get re(selected) elected . If he had carried on then how he is carrying on now he would have been a one term president which is an embarrassment. So right now he is properly taking the piss out of the lot of them especially seeing what clowns they have representing them for the next run off.
    you can check some of his "accomplishments" here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

He's done a hell of a lot considering what he inherited and the legislative shackles.

Top line stuff include healthcare reform, significant drop in unemployment, bailed out the auto companies and saved them from completely going under, gay marriage, scaling back on the war, etc.

That's a list on that link. Some of them are trivial, but there have been some meaningful changes under his reign all things considered.

cheers chaps, will have a read though both the links when i get the chance.

can we get our man Millsy back for a summary on Mrs Obama's time as the First Lady?

Top line stuff include healthcare reform, significant drop in unemployment, bailed out the auto companies and saved them from completely going under, gay marriage, scaling back on the war,.
    Wasn't one of his first acts as President to send more troops into Iraq?.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Top line stuff include healthcare reform, significant drop in unemployment, bailed out the auto companies and saved them from completely going under, gay marriage, scaling back on the war,.
    Wasn't one of his first acts as President to send more troops into Iraq?.
    He just extended the deadline by about a year.