Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2341353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Presidential Election

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    from that article:

He's stuck to his rhetoric -- with the addition that he loves Mexicans and Latinos -- and continued to insist that undocumented immigrants pouring into the U.S. from Mexico are neither that country's "best" nor their "brightest" -- and that many are criminals, though not citing any specific statistics to back up that assertion
    Aren't all undocumented immigrants essentially illegal and therefore, by default, criminals?
    Sort of. The big issue is once those illegal immigrants have children in the country who would then, by law, be American citizens. Do you deport all of them? Is the child destined to be an orphan if only the parents are deported? Or do you give the parents a greencard if they prove to be productive members of society?

from that article:

He's stuck to his rhetoric -- with the addition that he loves Mexicans and Latinos -- and continued to insist that undocumented immigrants pouring into the U.S. from Mexico are neither that country's "best" nor their "brightest" -- and that many are criminals, though not citing any specific statistics to back up that assertion
    Aren't all undocumented immigrants essentially illegal and therefore, by default, criminals?
    True, but America is a nation of people entirely founded on immigrants (the Native American border patrols were clearly under resourced), and he really should be bringing some stats to the table if he is going to make outrageous claims like that.
    One final quote from that article:
    "Nobody would be tougher on ISIS than Donald Trump. Nobody," he has said of the terrorist organization-- just one of many groups Trump insists would feel the power of his iron fist, and will, if he were to become president.
    Jebus, now I'm sure there is nil chance of him actually getting anywhere near the White House, but there again B movie actor Ron Reagan got in....does your new house include a nuclear fall out shelter in the back yard? Might come in handy if Trumpy gets his hands on diplomatic relations with the rest of the world.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    ..does your new house include a nuclear fall out shelter in the back yard? Might come in handy if Trumpy gets his hands on diplomatic relations with the rest of the world.
    U.S foreign policy since 1945 has been pretty standard no matter who the President is - 'Dont attack a country that can defend itself'

Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    from that article:

Sort of. The big issue is once those illegal immigrants have children in the country who would then, by law, be American citizens. Do you deport all of them? Is the child destined to be an orphan if only the parents are deported? Or do you give the parents a greencard if they prove to be productive members of society?
    but, and i may be being pedantic here, Trump was specifically talking about undocumented immigrants. not their subsequent offspring or any other relative, just the undocumented ones themselves.

therefore isn't he factually correct, if not politically correct by labelling them as criminals?

from that article:

Sort of. The big issue is once those illegal immigrants have children in the country who would then, by law, be American citizens. Do you deport all of them? Is the child destined to be an orphan if only the parents are deported? Or do you give the parents a greencard if they prove to be productive members of society?[/quote]

but, and i may be being pedantic here, Trump was specifically talking about undocumented immigrants. not their subsequent offspring or any other relative, just the undocumented ones themselves.

therefore isn't he factually correct, if not politically correct by labelling them as criminals?[/quote]

How people are talking about this clown is beyond me ,he pops his stinking blonde horror show into the affray every time and goes nowhere .There is nothing he has done since the last one to suggest he has any inkling of chance this time ,but i guess that's a indication of how pathetic the republican nominees are .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur

How people are talking about this clown is beyond me ,he pops his stinking blonde horror show into the affray every time and goes nowhere .There is nothing he has done since the last one to suggest he has any inkling of chance this time ,but i guess that's a indication of how pathetic the republican nominees are .
    don't get me wrong, i'm not for a moment suggesting he is a legitimate candidate or even a sensible human being.

i'm just picking up on something the article used to criticise him with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    from that article:

True, but America is a nation of people entirely founded on immigrants (the Native American border patrols were clearly under resourced), and he really should be bringing some stats to the table if he is going to make outrageous claims like that.
    of course but that's entirely irrelevant to what Trump has said.

if you're an illegal immigrant you have committed a crime. therefore, by most definitions, you're a criminal. i'm not sure what stats the people in the article want Trump to pull out of the bag for that when it appears to be factually correct.

whether they are criminals in their homeland must surely be an irrelevance. by illegally entering the US they become criminals don't they?

therefore isn't he factually correct, if not politically correct by labelling them as criminals?
    In a vacuum, yes. However, it's just a representation of him missing the bigger picture (not that he's seen as a rational individual)

In a vacuum, yes. However, it's just a representation of him missing the bigger picture (not that he's seen as a rational individual)
    well the bigger picture for me is that he seems to be saying that undocumented immigration tends to bring an 'inferior' contributor to American society than one that has gone through the system legitimately.

is that really such a controversial statement to make?

well the bigger picture for me is that he seems to be saying that undocumented immigration tends to bring an 'inferior' contributor to American society than one that has gone through the system legitimately.

is that really such a controversial statement to make?
    As someone who went through the immigration system in the traditional, I agree that people should be going through the legal methods in terms of obtaining legal status (if I did, why shouldn't they?).

I think the controversy coming from him is that he didn't stop at just calling them criminals in the sense that they are illegal immigrants. Had he stopped there, then I don't think it would have been that big of a controversy. However, he continued on, calling them all rapists, drug dealers, and killers, which, obviously is part of his hyperbolic rhetoric, but I'm sure you'd understand why Mexicans and Mexican-Americans would be offended by it, particularly because many undocumented immigrants still pay their fair share of taxes anyway, which is something that can't be said about the billionaire class in this country.