Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast

Thread: Another US gun massacre

Re: Another US gun massacre

yeah but if all the congregation were also packing assault rifles there would have been less killings.

more guns = less deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    yeah but if all the congregation were also packing assault rifles there would have been less killings.

more guns = less deaths

Yeah and if everyone carried guns ,there would be more accidental shootings ,bringing us back to square one of gun death statistics maybe .
    I think this notion that there would be less deaths if everyone carried a weapon is a massive falsehood to be honest. How can yo have a proliferation of guns in a country of the shaky historical foundation of the united states? It makes absolutely no sense and i think those in the country i reside selling this ideology are completely oblivious of this fact. It a country that is so young ,that it hasn't and the historical lessons of countries in Europe or elsewhere that they can learn from . They are making their history now which means that there is a lot worst that has to happen before it gets better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

more guns = less deaths

Yeah and if everyone carried guns ,there would be more accidental shootings ,bringing us back to square one of gun death statistics maybe .
    I think this notion that there would be less deaths if everyone carried a weapon is a massive falsehood to be honest. How can yo have a proliferation of guns in a country of the shaky historical foundation of the united states? It makes absolutely no sense and i think those in the country i reside selling this ideology are completely oblivious of this fact. It a country that is so young ,that it hasn't and the historical lessons of countries in Europe or elsewhere that they can learn from . They are making their history now which means that there is a lot worst that has to happen before it gets better imo.

yeah my post was tongue in cheek to quote the standard gun lobby response to these sorts of massacres whereby the answer to gun killings is more guns. the sort of warped logic that can only surface in USA.

its a country run by morons and populated by morons. generally speaking, of course ,

What the hell is going on in Virginia,USA?

I get back from work and turn on news to headlines of a reporter and camera man being shot dead live on air?

The suspect is said to have worked for the TV station but was sacked 2 years ago and had a racism grievance against them.

Doesn't justify going around shooting dead 2 innocent people.

Then the coward kills himself so he can't be prosecuted and hanged or sent to prison.

This is just insane. What needs to happen before something is done about the gun laws in the U.S. The majority of people in the U.S support gun restriction, they need to march on the White House and demand change - only then will they sit up and listen. Of course the Gun Lobby will form their own march and it could get messy. Ironically this shooting appears to be a revenge attack for the Charleston Church shooting, the attacker apparently recorded a message saying 'If you want a race war, lets have one'.

The scumbag even filmed himself shooting the 2 victims dead and then posted the video on Twitter plus
    tried to justify the murders with some sort of massive 23 page fax moaning about why he had done what he did.

Reports say that the bloke was fired because he had anger management issues not because of the colour of his skin.
    What an a hole.

The R's have been deferring this to a mental health issue rather than a gun issue.

Yes, mental health can play a part, but they are just further stigmatizing those with the actual issues and they will be pushed further in the shadows instead of being empowered to get the help they need.

The problem is the easy access to guns. The constitution second amendment excuse is complete bullsh*t as politicians want to change and mangle the constitution anyway when it fits their agenda.

Sure it will be difficult, but we are paying taxes for them to deal with it an find a way to fix this. Their rhetoric is tiresome and it's not helping anyone and is not preventing this from happening less.

The moment congress did nothing after the Sandy Hook shooting, was the moment they said that killing children is perfectly fine in America.

Another shooting at a college in Oregon. 20 dead and 13 wounded, the gunman has been killed.

According to Gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety, this is the 45th school shooting this year in the US, and the 142nd school shooting since the Sandy Hook school shooting in December 2012.

I felt sorry for President Obama in his speech after that there is nothing he can do to stop this.

On the news they reported that the Gunman was asking his victims what their religion was which is also very sad.

genuinely, my response to these incidents are one of eye rolling apathy. that's the most damning verdict i can offer to this latest round of murders.