Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: Another US gun massacre

Re: Another US gun massacre

559 kids under 11 have been killed by firearms this year in the US?

paranoid, delusional f*ckwits.

What more can we add to this debate!
    Gun control will never pass in this country simple as that ,not meaningful gun control anyway.
    I do have a feeling that just before Obama leaves office he will bypass everyone and implement very tough guns restrictions ,which will then be reversed in the court of appeals after he has left office. A token gesture for sure ,but every time another gun massacre happens after that reversal people will look back the decision to do so and enhance Obamas reputation as a president.

Another day, another shooting at a US University.

There at it again

This time a married couple have shot dead 14 people at a social services center for disabled people in San Bernadinho,California.

That brings the total of mass shootings in the USA to 355 this year.

i haven't read very much on this at all but i don't understand the following:

a) how a married couple jointly decide to go ahead with this
    b) how two people can calmly drop their 6 month old off with relatives knowing they'll most likely end up dead by the end of the day
    c) why this particular place was riddled with bullets

anyone able to shed any light on this and the motives?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    i haven't read very much on this at all but i don't understand the following:

a) how a married couple jointly decide to go ahead with this
    b) how two people can calmly drop their 6 month old off with relatives knowing they'll most likely end up dead by the end of the day
    c) why this particular place was riddled with bullets

anyone able to shed any light on this and the motives?
    No motive has been established according to BBC news but the bloke worked there, so incredibly it might just be "disgruntled employee" territory.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Yeah no motive yet. A third person is in custody I think, but really, names, descriptions, etc. were being thrown around last night by news media and they were clearly jumping the gun (no pun intended) as a lot of the information was false.

This must have been a terrorist attack as the suspects were Muslim and had recently been to Pakistan.

The Police have searched their home and found bombs,all sorts of weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Its crazy that the male was just able to go to a gun shop and buy all this without any questions asked.

Barack Obama will have failed during his 2 terms as President if he cant get a bill through Congress to bring some new laws in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    This must have been a terrorist attack as the suspects were Muslim and had recently been to Pakistan.

The Police have searched their home and found bombs,all sorts of weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Its crazy that the male was just able to go to a gun shop and buy all this without any questions asked.

Barack Obama will have failed during his 2 terms as President if he cant get a bill through Congress to bring some new laws in.
    well for Obama to comment that there is/was a potential terrorism motive suggests he has some sort of intelligence (chortle) that indicates this to be a possibility beyond the ethnicity of the people involved.

i just can't get my head around the targets though. the level of cowardice involved is beyond even normal standards but if there was any sort of political/religious motivation there must be ten million 'better' options to attack in order to further whatever goals you may have. the only rationale would be for maximum shock value. since school shootings are not exactly taboo in the US i suppose that disabled people were pretty much the last bastion of the unbludgeoned.

for a disgruntled employee, his arsenal is mightily impressive and, certainly, you can't imagine even the most submissive of wives to go along with such a plan from somebody simply mightily p*ssed off at work. there has to have been an element of pre-planning and/or discussion between the two of them beforehand.

President Obama has used Executive power to tighten gun control. The new orders will mean further background checks on anyone buying a gun and cracking down on unlicensed sellers. He has also called on Congress for extra funds to combat mental health. It was a good speech by Obama, flanked by family members of shooting victims he even shed a tear. He has tried to tighten up the laws before but faced huge pressure from the Republicans and the NRA, this way he can bypass all that and with less than a year left in office has little to lose. I don't think this will have a massive effect on gun violence but in the U.S this will be seen as big. The Republican Presidential nominees are already saying that they would repeal this law on the first day in office.