Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds Rumours

Leeds Rumours

Here is a thread for all things Leeds United.

Obviously with a rich backer in charge we should be getting a few in.

We're apparently interested in signing Birkir Bjarnason. No never heard of him and the rest of the squad at all but he has a good record in Italy's second division.

We're also looking to tie up a deal with Sol Bamba who was impressive last season.

Re: Leeds Rumours

Leeds have also signed LEE ERWIN from Motherwell. I looked and he has scored 5 goals in 34 appearances. That's all I know of him.

I'm questioning the signing of a player who isn't a goalscorer as we have a LOT of strikers at Leeds now. Doukara looked sharp at the start of last season, yet wasn't used much towards the end. We need to get rid of some strikers, or play a 433. Not buy more.

Leeds sign English 'Keeper CHARLIE HORTON from Cardiff. He has featured for USA at youth level.

We have a great keeper in Marco Silvestri, yet the staff at Leeds seem to think highly of this new signing. A future number 1 they say.

Leeds sign Leicester's CHRIS WOOD for £3 million.

He doesn't have the best scoring record, but does play for New Zealand national team who will no doubt be regular attendees of the World Cup, I joke. No, but seriously - they did well last time they were there.

He's a big lad.

Possible new Leeds kit leaked online from Kappa...quite nice this, wonder what kind of sponsor will gate-crash it

Agreed Sparky, nice looking kit, I wish Tottenham had something similar, I'm not a fan of the "sash" top, looks like I'll be wearing my retro shirt for another season. As for Leeds, I'd dearly like to see them back in the PL, but I worry about the 'eccentric' Italian owner. His ego appears to be much larger than his bank balance, and they may as well fit a revolving door at Elland Road to cope with the manager turnover.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Who is the latest manager at Elland Road or have they seen sense and decided to stick with Neil Redfearn for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Who is the latest manager at Elland Road or have they seen sense and decided to stick with Neil Redfearn for a while?
    Fat chance, Redfearn went a while back, the latest one in the saddle (for now) is Uwe Rösler
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Leeds complete the signing of midfielder Tom Adeyemi from Cardiff City on a season-long loan, with hopes of a permanent switch at the end of the season.

Leeds United have completed their fifth summer signing by landing midfielder Tom Adeyemi on a season-long loan from Cardiff City.

Adeyemi, 23, has moved to Elland Road for the 2015-16 campaign with a view to a permanent transfer next summer.

The 6’1” youngster played previously under Leeds head coach Uwe Rosler at Brentford and will strengthen a pool of midfielders weakened recently by the loss of Luke Murphy to injury.

Adeyemi started his career at Norwich City and spent time on loan at Bradford City, Brentford and Oldham Athletic before joining Birmingham City in 2013.

Cardiff signed him a year ago for a fee reported to be in excess of £1million but his opportunities were limited following the dismissal of former City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in September.

Leeds have been working to negotiate an option to take Adeyemi on a full-time basis at the end of the forthcoming term and a statement from the club said he had come to Yorkshire “with a view to a permanent deal.”

His arrival follows that of goalkeeper Charlie Horton, defender Sol Bamba and strikers Chris Wood and Lee Erwin.

United are now prioritising a left winger and are understood to have taken an interest in Brazilian Raphael Martinho.

Leeds have agreed a fee with Brentford for STUART DALLAS for about £1.5 million including add-ons.

No idea who he is but Rosler worked with him at Brentford, so hopefully he can cut it.

There were also rumours of us going for Will Buckley of Sunderland.