Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final - Chelsea v Tottenham - 1st March

Final - Chelsea v Tottenham - 1st March

Preview
    Chelsea take on Tottenham at Wembley on 1st March for the Capital One Cup.
    Any early comments or predictions?

Re: Final - Chelsea v Tottenham - 1st March

I couldn't get a ticket through the club, so I'm going to be watching this on the TV. To be honest I don't have a great feeling about it, beating Chelsea in the league was great, but to do them twice in a season is a tall order. However, it is a cup final, anything can happen and if we get the breaks we have the players to hurt the team in blue. I'll go for Tottenham to win it 1-0, Erikson free kick after 20 minutes, followed by us clinging on for dear life for the next 70+ minutes. Whatever happens, the beers are in the fridge to celebrate with or drown my sorrows. COYS!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Chelsea team news

It looks like Ramires will step into the role of Matic for Sunday's final with the Serbian suspended for the Wembley showdown.
    Courtois is likely to start in goal for Mourinho's side and the manager will have to decide on either Zuma or Cahil to partner Terry.

Tottenham team news

Kane,Townsend and Walker are all fit to start despite having played in the 2-0 defeat by Fiorentina in the Europa League on Thur.
    The major decision Pochettino has to make is should he stick with Vorm who has played every game in this competition or bring in
    his No1 Hugo Lloris which would kind of be unfair on the former Swans keeper but this is a chance to win a major trophy after all.

These 2 sides last meet in the League cup final back in 2008 which Spurs won 2-1 and is the last trophy that they have won since.

Teams

CHELSEA:
    Cech, Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Cahill, Fabregas, Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.

Subs: Courtois, Drogba, Remy, Oscar, N. Ake, Felipe Luis.

TOTTENHAM:
    Lloris, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend, Kane.

Subs: Vorm, Lamela, Fazio, Soldado, Stambouli, Davies, Dembele

Cech is in goal for Chelsea with Cahill at the back and Zouma in midfield! Lloris is in goal for Tottenham with Vorm unluckily dropped.

Spurs starting with Mason ,Big mistake!Nuff said!

HT

Chelsea 1-0 Tottenham

John Terry with a cool strikers type finish just before half time!

Spurs had been the better team in first period but find themselves 1-0 down at the break.

FT

Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham
    1-0 Terry 45'
    2-0 Walker OG 56'

Chelsea win the League cup final with John Terry putting in a man of the match display.
    The Blues were better in the 2nd half with Spurs only coming to life in the last 10 mins when it was too late in the game.
    Any views on Chelski's victory?

No complaints, Chelsea were the better team over the piece, the Eriksen free kick was as close as we got. Mourinho kept our main players quiet with the set up, I can't complaints about the team selection, Poch played our best hand, just wasn't good enough on the day. The beer helped to ease the pain!

There is absolutely no reason strategically why Mason should,have started instead of Dembele . The Belgian is the superior tackler ,Superior at protecting the ball ,superior at running at the defense ,superior at passing .There is not a area where Dembele does not outplay this player ,so you start him and you change the level of ability in that area which is of most importance .

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    There is absolutely no reason strategically why Mason should,have started instead of Dembele . The Belgian is the superior tackler ,Superior at protecting the ball ,superior at running at the defense ,superior at passing .There is not a area where Dembele does not outplay this player ,so you start him and you change the level of ability in that area which is of most importance .
    I think we should make Dembele Prime Minister, I'm pretty sure he'd get us down to zero unemployment, and probably make us all millionaires.....and win PFA player of the year as well. He's not your son is he Specs?