Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Mug's Game? An experiment

Re: A Mug's Game? An experiment

13 (inc stake) won.
    1 loss

New balance - 111

Yeah, I did forget my punt, I'll start next Saturday. Judging by the success of my forecast scores for the weekend I think I'd have burned my dough!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Week 2 - pre bet balance 111

1 on WHU to beat Leicester 2-0. 10/1
    1 on Man City 0-0 Chelsea. 10/1

Week 3 - pre bet balance 109

Chelsea, Man City, Soton to win treble 1

Man Utd Stoke palace Swansea to win quad 1

didn't get time this week so back on it after the international break.

107 in the kitty so still in profit based on just one bet coming in.

Well I'm late to the party, but I had my first punt of the season on Sunday (I guess I've lost some of my passion for the weekend punt). 10 on Newcastle to beat Norwich, I just fancied them to win. I was going to go 1-0 correct score, glad I didn't, played safe and went for the Barcode W. +14.00 in my kitty.
    I've decided a straight tenner/twenty on a W, L, or D is probably a better strategy - you have a 33% chance of getting it right by random chance. Think I'll order my new Merc now...
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster
    "It's a mugs game. The bookies always win". This is what I keep hearing. If this was so then you should do one thing: become a bookmaker yourself. Via BETFAIR. Talking of Betfair, have you thought about doing the experiment with them? Minimum 2 bet every time, which is the right amount you should be gambling initially.

My first bet would be Donald Trump to be President which is now 33/1. Was 66/1 a week ago. Know the bookies wouldn't have him as that is he had a chance, so you got to do a bit of work here. He needs to be the Republican nominee despite Jeb Bush being favourite at about 7/2 for the Presidency. If you back both and either wins the nomination then you got at least 7/2 minus the bet lost on Trump going on a 2 horse race between your bet and then Clinton for the Democrats. Do some maths and you win even before the result is announced by backing the horse you haven't backed.

Trump won't be standing independently if he doesn't get the nomination though.
    I quoted Trump at 66/1 and now he's 7/2. Clinton is 1/3. Both looks sure to have secured the nomination for their respective partys'.

Assuming you got 100 a hundred on Trump, you can soon back Hillary to win the Presidency at a winning bet due to having already backed the long odds by name of Trump. Money made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster View Post
    "It's a mugs game. The bookies always win". This is what I keep hearing. If this was so then you should do one thing: become a bookmaker yourself. Via BETFAIR. Talking of Betfair, have you thought about doing the experiment with them? Minimum 2 bet every time, which is the right amount you should be gambling initially.

My first bet would be Donald Trump to be President which is now 33/1. Was 66/1 a week ago. Know the bookies wouldn't have him as that is he had a chance, so you got to do a bit of work here. He needs to be the Republican nominee despite Jeb Bush being favourite at about 7/2 for the Presidency. If you back both and either wins the nomination then you got at least 7/2 minus the bet lost on Trump going on a 2 horse race between your bet and then Clinton for the Democrats. Do some maths and you win even before the result is announced by backing the horse you haven't backed.

Trump won't be standing independently if he doesn't get the nomination though.

Tipped at 33/1. Should have got a tenner on at 66/1.

Just slapped a tenner on Liverpool, West Ham, Newcastle Copenhagen and Stoke to all win tonight.

72.20 heading my way I reckon.

ok can't remember if this is even remotely connected to this thread but i put my first bet on in my adult life the world championship the other day.
    I bet Japan would win the men's 4 x 100 meters final. the day before nobody was offering odds on it ,but the day of i found someone who did at 66/1
    For me it was a no brainer as japan had the incredible talent of Sani Brown . with Japan having the more consistent hand exchange in the game i thought i was in for a windfall ,only to see the team line up without Sani Brown in it. I was gutted. 1,600 quid on my 25 quid bet would have been the outcome . Anyway a well deserved 3rd place was achieved even with the inferior runners .
    But let me let you forum member in on this best kept secret for next time .because without a doubt everyone will sleep on the Japanese team again in the next big event the also incredible Kiryu who holds the fastest youth 100 meter record and sani brown who was only 18 at this event.

easy money lads ,easy money.

it's the first and last bet i'll make though.
    Last edited by specnur; 25-08-2017 at 02:16 PM.