Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2332333443 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris/Europe Under Terrorist Attack

So now we have a man driving a van into a group of Muslims emerging from Finsbury mosque, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960 too early to say what the motivation behind it was, but it would appear to be "revenge" inspired. One dead, 10 injured, it surely could have been a lot worse.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Going back to the saudis not standing for the minute silence. It should have nothing to do with does Europe have a minute silence for deaths in the middle east or not. If Ireland, England or Germany were playing Afghanistan in Afghanistan and the Afghans were holding a minutes silence for a 100 year old man who died of natural causes our teams would stand with them out of respect. Not sure what the saudis were thinking the other day but it was disrespectful
    Agreed, respect the cultural traditions of foreign nations in this sort of context, not to do so is petty and disrespectful to say the least.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967 View Post
    So now we have a man driving a van into a group of Muslims emerging from Finsbury mosque, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960 too early to say what the motivation behind it was, but it would appear to be "revenge" inspired. One dead, 10 injured, it surely could have been a lot worse.
    Well by now i think it is clear what his motivations were ,but am i supersede by this event ? Not in the least.
    Cowardice comes in all shapes and colours.

Quote Originally Posted by eaman View Post
    Going back to the saudis not standing for the minute silence. It should have nothing to do with does Europe have a minute silence for deaths in the middle east or not. If Ireland, England or Germany were playing Afghanistan in Afghanistan and the Afghans were holding a minutes silence for a 100 year old man who died of natural causes our teams would stand with them out of respect. Not sure what the saudis were thinking the other day but it was disrespectful
    So maybe the UK should boycott selling arms to the saudis then eh

That attack on the mosque was another sad day for the human race. Sadly just a man thinking the same way some of these terrorists do

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    I think that's a very basic way of looking at it. there are a multitude of differences behind both of their actions - although we can all agree they are both utterly disgusting.
    What I meant by that is some terrorists act out of revenge against the west and at the time I thought the van driver was doing the same and maybe he was after the bombings. But it seems he just didn't like them in general but alot of terrorists in the middle east just don't like us and has nothing to do with wars. I think it might have been a bit if both with the van driver. Well its revenge in these sick people's minds anyway. Actual revenge would be finding a terrorist cell and doing something about that. Getting them sent to a guantanimo bay style place for the rest of their lives and getting information out of them would be the best revenge

Another sickening Terrorist attack. When will it all end?.

The attack out side that Mosque in Finsbury Park the other day was just as sickening
    in my view as the recent Manchester and London atrocities and the scum bag who did it
    is very lucky he wasn't hung from a nearby lamp post had it not been for that brave Imam
    who protected him until the police arrived. I hope that this will be just a one off incident.

I hear that the moron came from South Wales which is popular with far right extremists.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post

full credit to the people that kept the bloke down for when the old bill arrived. the desire to knock the sh*t out of him must have been enormous. I'm confident he will never see the light of day again in any case.
    And you don't think faith had anything to do with that?
    It not the first time people of that faith have conducted themselves like that in such a situation .I'll tell you what , if i had happened to be witness of that scene in one of my many visits to London i make , they couldn't have kept me off that bloke. As would have been the case if it were an Islamic extremist.