Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1231252 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris/Europe Under Terrorist Attack

Re: Paris Under Terrorist Attack

In their eyes, whether you look at it religiously or politically, they'll say the west had it coming.

For the sake of length, I'll take a very simplistic view of things, and put in the broad strokes.

Religiously, they believe that the world should be ruled by Islam, and when you have that mindset, they give themselves the freedom to take out anyone who thinks otherwise.

Politically, they can argue that the west killed their innocent first, and continue to systematically kill their innocent people, whether it's in the war zones of Iraq, Syria, etc. or by backing Israel against Palestine.

So from those perspectives, that's how these extremists justify their own actions. Sadly it's innocent people who are paying the price, both financially and with their lives, of political agenda or religious misguidance.

I'm sitting in the middle here when it comes to what action needs to be taken. I think we need to protect our own people first and foremost, and reinvest the resources we've been burning in the middle east in order to intelligence to protect people within our borders and to help our allies keep their security as well. In the region, I firmly believe that Saudi Arabia, the UAE, etc need to step up significantly and should be the ones committing more troops because it's their war to fight. The West should support them politically, and possibly with some intelligence or air strikes, but our allies in the region should be the ones who have boots on the ground - not our own, particularly in the battle against ISIS.

I find it very weird that people still blame western politics for this kind of attacks.
    The terrorists themselves are telling you they kill in the name of god. They are telling you the whole world is supposed to be an Islamic state and you keep blaming 19th century colonialism?
    Stop looking down on them and realize that just like you they say what they mean. You do not need to analize them and find an alterier motive.
    This war is between the liberal secular world and the closed riligious world. Stop looking for justifications for their acts of horrific terror!

Appalling loss of life, sickening to hear the news this morning. I don't know what the solution is, the fact is this thing is probably going to write itself, it seems inevitable that there will be a surge in support for extreme right wing politics in Europe when attacks like this happen, and f*ck knows where that will take us. ISIS want to bring affairs to a head, I'm pretty sure they'd like to see mosques getting torched in France, I'm pretty sure they'd like to see civil war break out all over Europe, they want to escalate things. I hope for all our sakes that they don't get their wish, more violence in retaliation is not going to resolve the matter, that only works in Hollywood. Got to hope our politicians have enough wisdom and foresight to navigate us away from more bloodshed.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by eurxe
    I find it very weird that people still blame western politics for this kind of attacks.
    The terrorists themselves are telling you they kill in the name of god. They are telling you the whole world is supposed to be an Islamic state and you keep blaming 19th century colonialism?
    Stop looking down on them and realize that just like you they say what they mean. You do not need to analize them and find an alterier motive.
    This war is between the liberal secular world and the closed riligious world. Stop looking for justifications for their acts of horrific terror!
    That maybe be true to a point but i have no doubt in my mind that their numbers are incredibly bolstered by those who feel an injustice done to them by the west. Some of these people may not even be in total agreement with such warped ideology ,but it's the closest thing to what they want to achieve and this is vengeance. I think you will find that not many African's colonized by France will shed a tear for those that died Friday night as tragic as its was and they may be totally justified thinking like that.

My condolences go out to Lass Diarra who lost his cousin in the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    That maybe be true to a point but i have no doubt in my mind that their numbers are incredibly bolstered by those who feel an injustice done to them by the west. Some of these people may not even be in total agreement with such warped ideology ,but it's the closest thing to what they want to achieve and this is vengeance. I think you will find that not many African's colonized by France will shed a tear for those that died Friday night as tragic as its was and they may be totally justified thinking like that.

What!?

i wonder pif this will gain as much outrage ,just make my point on the hypocrisy around these parts .

i wonder pif this will gain as much outrage ,just make my point on the hypocrisy around these parts .
    There are daily terror attacks in Israel for over a month now and no one mentioned those.
    It is not hypocracy. The western world is used to seeing bloodshed in the middle east and Africa. When it hits home, naturaly, it gets more attention.

The western world is used to seeing bloodshed in the middle east and Africa. When it hits home, naturaly, it gets more attention.
    For once, i agree!

France have now launched major air strikes against ISIS territories in Syria and the Police have launched raids on suspected terrorists in the country. 7 people have been arrested in connection with the carnage on Friday with 1 more still being hunted.

The events over the weekend just shows how vulnerable we all are.

There are daily terror attacks in Israel for over a month now and no one mentioned those.
    It is not hypocracy. The western world is used to seeing bloodshed in the middle east and Africa. When it hits home, naturaly, it gets more attention.
    Are we really trying to be fooled into thinking that the west has no blame in the attacks on their own soil?
    Do i agree with the cowardice of blowing up innocent people? i am consistent in my condemnation whether it's Israel doing it or Islamic extremist ,they are no different in my eyes cowardly scum. But nothing makes me laugh more than people going on tv and saying that they are doing this because "they do not like our freedom". Completely ignoring all the nefarious things the west has done in that region for centuries.