Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 136

Thread: Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich/Ancelotti out

  1. #11

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by "Simply"[quote
    ]typical specnur nonsense .. without any reasonable arguments he claims hilarious things... Liverpool 2nd of the Bundesliga? City probably above Bayern Munich?? ..you seem to have an impressively strong imagination - go write some science fiction novels or something like that.. you can keep on underestimating the Bundesliga, but you will be continuously proven wrong in european competitions..
    the Premier League is on his way to lose its 3rd spot of the UEFA Country coefficient to the serie a .. the result will be one less Premier League team in these competitions...
    Of course like yourself and many other UEFA fail miserably to acknowledge how much more competitive the premier league is than say Serie A or any other European league for that matter. When you consider the fact that our top teams have beaten every top team in Europe it should indicate the level of ability within those English teams . For them to suggest that Seria A is a more efficient league based on the success rate of teams in Europe is a joke ,when you consider that Seria A is league is now here near as competitive as the premiership. And that the teams in Italy qualifying for champions league football have an easy time in domestic competition and yet they rarely have more than 2 teams making it to the Knock out stages each year over the last decade. Or they have at least been far less successful than English clubs over that same space of time.

    the reality is that teams like Wolfsburg (who actually struggle in the Bundesliga by the way) win their CL group over Manchester United, who finished third in this group...
    You are talking about a Man u side that have a new manager how is having trouble balancing or finding the right chemistry in his players. If we were talking about a team that had been together for while and were doing well in their own league i would understand where you were coming from,but that is not the case.
    In fact no English team have been playing at their best for reasons i cannot understand and that was before they started champions league this season.


    ..also Klopp took over Borussia Dortmund when they finished 13th of the Bundesliga table back in 2008.. get your facts right.. Borussia Dortmund was practically bankrupt and won nothing in several years and didn't even compete for any titles... after 2 years of Klopp they then won the Bundesliga and were close to win the Champions League after trashing a team like Real Madrid 4-0..
    Liverpool is in a way better spot now then Dortmund back then, when he took them over..
    [/quote]

    What are you talking about? None of what you have written above has anything to do with my comments about Klopp.

  2. #12

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    First of all specnur the English teams in the champions league should be able to beat the top European teams and the top European teams should be able to beat them. Why? Coz there all top teams. As for the most competitive league. If your talking about how many teams can win it and how many teams are fighting for the fourth champions league spot then Spain would be the most competitive. And forget about the premier league this year coz it's been a strange one. Over the last few years it has really only been chelsea and city to win and in Spain there's been three teams over the last three years. Remember I'm only talking about recently. I know the premier league had chelsea city and united four or five years back. As for the champions league spot nobody ever seems to challenge arsenal when they are going for fourth. Different story when arsenal are in third. Whereas in Spain there's been plenty of different teams getting fourth spot

  3. #13

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    eaman that was 8 years ago in 2007/2008 .. specnur is living in the past

  4. #14

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    First of all specnur the English teams in the champions league should be able to beat the top European teams and the top European teams should be able to beat them. Why? Coz there all top teams. As for the most competitive league. If your talking about how many teams can win it and how many teams are fighting for the fourth champions league spot then Spain would be the most competitive. And forget about the premier league this year coz it's been a strange one. Over the last few years it has really only been chelsea and city to win and in Spain there's been three teams over the last three years. Remember I'm only talking about recently. I know the premier league had chelsea city and united four or five years back. As for the champions league spot nobody ever seems to challenge arsenal when they are going for fourth. Different story when arsenal are in third. Whereas in Spain there's been plenty of different teams getting fourth spot
    Mate you are on CRACK!
    competitive means beyond the top four clubs. I would like you to show me a league where the bottom clubs beat the top clubs with such frequency ,and it has been like that for 10 years . That is the true indication of competitive pa ,from the top to the bottom clubs.

  5. #15

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    I wouldn't even know where to get crack on this side of the world but I know it's plentiful where you are . It happens more than you think in la Liga but ya it does happen more in England. Whether that's down to the top teams quality or consistency I don't know

  6. #16

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    I wouldn't even know where to get crack on this side of the world but I know it's plentiful where you are . It happens more than you think in la Liga but ya it does happen more in England. Whether that's down to the top teams quality or consistency I don't know
    So to break it down to you simpler.
    a. Our top teams beat Europe's elite (FACT)
    b. Our top teams lose games to teams in the bottom half and relegation zone at a higher rate than the top teams in Europe. (FACT)
    a&b = our league being more competitive.

    Both La Liga and Bundesliga have winter breaks that give their players much needed rest, ours don't.

  7. #17

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Look specnur you can't compare arsenal beating Barcelona one week and Norwich beating arsenal the next. It doesn't really work like that. Barcelona can beat man City or arsenal and lose to levante also. Look top teams from England can always stifle teams like Barcelona coz they have top players to do that but who knows how many goals Barcelona would put past Norwich with their attacking power. Yes from top to bottom the premier league is more competitive but relegation threatened teams in Spain do beat barca and the two Madrids often enough

  8. #18

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    Look specnur you can't compare arsenal beating Barcelona one week and Norwich beating arsenal the next. It doesn't really work like that. Barcelona can beat man City or arsenal and lose to levante also. Look top teams from England can always stifle teams like Barcelona coz they have top players to do that but who knows how many goals Barcelona would put past Norwich with their attacking power. Yes from top to bottom the premier league is more competitive but relegation threatened teams in Spain do beat barca and the two Madrids often enough
    It's the consistency of those teams beating the tops teams in their perspective leagues that determines the competitive superiority FFS!
    That is what i have always said that separates the English premiership form any other top league in Europe .
    That competitively has an effect on our top teams when they play in Europe and that is something you will have to accept as a FACT.

  9. #19

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    specnur also ignores that the vast majority of the games that the english top teams won against Barcelona or Bayern munich were unimportant or useless...
    some even have been against their benchplayers..

    he doesn't understand that an 2-0 Arsenal win against Bayern Munich is worth NOTHING and can not be seen as convincing, when you lost the first leg 1-3 at home ... Bayern just had to make sure that they don't lose by 3 goals..
    a good horse never jumps higher than it has to... why would they waste energy by tryharding in the second leg, when they just had to not lose by 3 goals?!

    there have been plenty of situations where the english teams failed to go through over two legs..
    the conclusion would normally be that they are not good enough -> somehow the other teams are better after all .. but specnur's conclusion from these games always is "WAOW this english team can beat anybody SEE!" ..

  10. #20

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    There is also consistency of small teams in spain beating barca and the two madrids and sevilla and valencia. I can remember off the top of my head barca and real not winning and losing at getafe and levante for a few years. Im not sure if city or chelsea haven't won at a certain ground for a few years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •