Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich/Ancelotti out

Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    specnur also ignores that the vast majority of the games that the english top teams won against Barcelona or Bayern munich were unimportant or useless...
    some even have been against their benchplayers..

he doesn't understand that an 2-0 Arsenal win against Bayern Munich is worth NOTHING and can not be seen as convincing, when you lost the first leg 1-3 at home ... Bayern just had to make sure that they don't lose by 3 goals..
    a good horse never jumps higher than it has to... why would they waste energy by tryharding in the second leg, when they just had to not lose by 3 goals?!

there have been plenty of situations where the english teams failed to go through over two legs..
    the conclusion would normally be that they are not good enough -> somehow the other teams are better after all .. but specnur's conclusion from these games always is "WAOW this english team can beat anybody SEE!" ..
    Barca ,Bayern , Real Madrid have all lost in knock out stages to English teams. Barca without question had a lot of help in Beating Chelsea and Arsenal . Chelsea beat Bayern ,and Barca to win the cup. No bench players in any of them games. So yes English teams have proven that they can beat the top European sides in crunch time.

So given that and the fact that in the same season when those teams were beating those European teams the English clubs were probably losing against teams facing relegation that same year. Plus we don't the luxury of a winter break like the Spanish and German's.

again.. you are ignoring the fact that those wins were useless on most occasions, because the other team won the matchup anyway...
    the only time this didn't happen was Chelsea 2012, so it's not a coincedence that you took that one to support your argument...

then you point out how Barca had a lot of help in beating Chelsea and Arsenal.. at the same breath you ignore how Chelsea won that cup in 2012.. this is so ridiculous

again.. you are ignoring the fact that those wins were useless on most occasions, because the other team won the matchup anyway...
    the only time this didn't happen was Chelsea 2012, so it's not a coincedence that you took that one to support your argument...

then you point out how Barca had a lot of help in beating Chelsea and Arsenal.. at the same breath you ignore how Chelsea won that cup in 2012.. this is so ridiculous
    How did they win it?

Where was the controversy are you going to point to one poor bit of officiating compared to the absolute criminal amount of non calls in favor of Barca against Chelsea a few years back? Or the bizarre sending off of Van Pirsie for time wasting in the 50th minute ?
    please tell me you are not mate ffs!
    Chelsea beat Bayern and Barca to win ,no luck ,no controversy.

..so either you have serious memory issues or you simply don't know what the word luck means...

Bayern Munich dominated every part of this game.. the equalizer by Drogba(88') was the only dangerous scene Chelsea was able to pull out over 120 minutes.. Bayern Munich had tons of high quality chances and should have had an easy 5-0 lead by that minute Drogba scored... Chelsea didn't even defend that well! Bayern had a lot of shots ON target.. the ball just didn't went in.. and then Robben didn't net a penalty in the overtime.. how lucky can you be?!..
    so Chelsea parked the bus and tried to survive until the penalties somehow and Bayern did them the favor and failed to score..
    ..well and you kinda need luck on your side too to win a penalty shootout ..

I actually don't remember one single game(with such an importance), where the winner had more luck than in this one..

..but why am I writing this actually?.. sadly by the end of this post you already forgot what I just reminded you of.. and you will think again Chelsea won that game deservedly..

Look specnur basically im just saying that relegation teams in spain have also beat barca real and atletico on plenty of occasions. I know you wouldn't know this coz you don't watch much if any spanish football

..so either you have serious memory issues or you simply don't know what the word luck means...

Bayern Munich dominated every part of this game.. the equalizer by Drogba(88') was the only dangerous scene Chelsea was able to pull out over 120 minutes.. Bayern Munich had tons of high quality chances and should have had an easy 5-0 lead by that minute Drogba scored... Chelsea didn't even defend that well! Bayern had a lot of shots ON target.. the ball just didn't went in.. and then Robben didn't net a penalty in the overtime.. how lucky can you be?!..
    so Chelsea parked the bus and tried to survive until the penalties somehow and Bayern did them the favor and failed to score..
    ..well and you kinda need luck on your side too to win a penalty shootout ..

I actually don't remember one single game(with such an importance), where the winner had more luck than in this one..

..but why am I writing this actually?.. sadly by the end of this post you already forgot what I just reminded you of.. and you will think again Chelsea won that game deservedly..
    Robben Bottled the penalty as well as the other Bayern players that had the chance to win the game for their team. It is not luck that decided the Bayern players missing their penalties it is what inside the man's heart and they showed weakness. IN comparison take a look at the man who saved the game for Chelsea Drogba and his penalty. He took a two step run up ,probably the worst technique in all of penalty taking ,but his supreme confidence had him bury one of the biggest penalties in his life ,HIs clubs history. There was absolutely no pressure on that man in his mind, only a LION in his chest.

You look at Bayern chances missed ,that is not luck unless a bird flew into the path of an open goal and blocked a shot heading for it or a freak gust of wind blew the ball out of the goalies hand and back into his own net. It's all about what is inside the man's mental make up and this one they failed.How many times diode Bayern put themselves in a position for glory before this and fail you know their track record mate.Don;t putt it down to luck ffs.

Simply's comments have been spot on.

A fan that clearly watches football.

So Pep has declared he wants to come to England!

Arsenal should be moving Heaven and Hell to bring him in so that we can finally boast an elite manager for the first time since George Graham.

It won't happen though, I expect he'll either go to City or Chelsea. I expect Chelsea have already made their approach.

Why he would want to go to that classless club though is beyond me.

And the big Don Carlo has moved the other way to Bayern Munich. That's how you do business, pedigree manager for a pedigree manager, no messing around.

I'm pretty sure that Guardiola will take over from Pellegrini at City next summer and cant see him joining Chelsea or Utd.

What ever happens In my view we will all get a better chance to see how good he really is here in the best league in the world.

uhm.. German media reported weeks ago that he will be the new manager of Manchester City.. did you miss that??