Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

  1. #1

    Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Pep Guardiola is to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season to be replaced by Carlo Ancelotti but where will he go next?
    The Spaniard is being heavily linked with Man City,Man Utd and Chelsea. will he be a success if he comes to the Premier League?

    Some critics say that he has had it EASY at Barcelona and Bayern Munich and that he might not be up to the challenge of being a manager in the worlds best league.
    Are they wrong to doubt him?

  2. #2

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Meh, I'm sure he'll do well in the PL, though the league has a way of making a monkey of the best managers. LVG came with a big reputation, Klopp is beginning to find out how competitive things are over here, and even the mighty Mourinho couldn't buy a win towards the end. The rumours are Guardiola is set to go to Man City, lets hope Pelligrini can keep himself in a job a bit longer by winning on Monday night.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  3. #3

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    If guardiola goes to city and gets a couple of hundred million to spend on his type of player and gets city playing in his style quickly he shouldn't have have any problem. Also klopp went from a team who were close to bayern in strength to a team who aren't near the top of the premier league. Of course he's going to find it tough

  4. #4

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Living in denial Earman!
    Dortmund were good enough to make it late in the champions league when they can cruise through their domestic league ,but when Klopp comes here and gets his ass handed to him you make up excuses. Klopp has a team that has players that are superior to many Dortmund players especially defensively. Even when he gets a team that reflects his ideology he'll find it tough going and that is something you will have to grow to understand mate.

    Pep will need to have hundreds of millions to get even close to keeping his success rate in our league , but i don't think he'll come to our league . If he does you'll see how good he really is which is something i can't wait to see .

  5. #5

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Living in denial Earman!
    Dortmund were good enough to make it late in the champions league when they can cruise through their domestic league ,but when Klopp comes here and gets his ass handed to him you make up excuses. Klopp has a team that has players that are superior to many Dortmund players especially defensively. Even when he gets a team that reflects his ideology he'll find it tough going and that is something you will have to grow to understand mate.

    Pep will need to have hundreds of millions to get even close to keeping his success rate in our league , but i don't think he'll come to our league . If he does you'll see how good he really is which is something i can't wait to see .
    You just made my point for me specnur. Dortmund were a top European team which is why they were able to stay above and around bayern in the bundesliga. Liverpool are a good Europa league side and until klopp spends money on the players he wants they will stay like that. As for pep. Of course he would find it hard at the start with a city or united coz they are not as good as his barca or bayern teams but with his style of play and a couple of hundred million he could win the league especially with city coz they already have a few of his type of player

  6. #6

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    You just made my point for me specnur. Dortmund were a top European team which is why they were able to stay above and around bayern in the bundesliga. Liverpool are a good Europa league side and until klopp spends money on the players he wants they will stay like that. As for pep. Of course he would find it hard at the start with a city or united coz they are not as good as his barca or bayern teams but with his style of play and a couple of hundred million he could win the league especially with city coz they already have a few of his type of player
    The point is is that Pep has an easier task of balancing a side to endure a season in a league less competitive than he would with those same teams in our league. If you believe otherwise you are in denial ,nothing else needs to be said.

  7. #7

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    No your right in that it would probably take more time at city coz they don't have the quality of player he had at barca and it was easier at bayern coz it was just about to turn into a one team league. But as I said if he had the money and the team adapted quickly he most likely would succeed. Another thing you might not know about klopp is that in his first two seasons with Dortmund he finished 6th and 5th. So he's going to need time and a bit of money to sort an average Liverpool team out

  8. #8

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    Quote Originally Posted by eaman
    No your right in that it would probably take more time at city coz they don't have the quality of player he had at barca and it was easier at bayern coz it was just about to turn into a one team league. But as I said if he had the money and the team adapted quickly he most likely would succeed. Another thing you might not know about klopp is that in his first two seasons with Dortmund he finished 6th and 5th. So he's going to need time and a bit of money to sort an average Liverpool team out
    That Liverpool team as it is would finish second in the Bundesliga without question. The man city squad would probably finish above Bayern or push them hard for the top spot. I don't have any doubts that Pep would do well in the premiership ,but he would not do any better than Wenger has done with the resources Wenger has had and i stand by that 100% .
    I think Pep understand and respect what Wenger has done in our league based on this. He has always feared Arsenal as an opponent, because we have technical ability , Speed ,strength, creativity and stamina . Pep's Barca had technical ability and creativity that was superior ,but the other factors in my eyes made our teams (WHEN FIT) hard for Barca and that a proven . So this Pep ,"best manager on the planet" stuff is unproven hogwash!

  9. #9

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    I don't think Liverpool are better than dortmund wolfsburg or leverkusen. And ya your right I also think pep has to go to a team who don't have the quality of his barca or bayern teams and improve that team to be called the best. United would be a real test and city would be the easier option

  10. #10

    Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

    typical specnur nonsense .. without any reasonable arguments he claims hilarious things... Liverpool 2nd of the Bundesliga? City probably above Bayern Munich?? ..you seem to have an impressively strong imagination - go write some science fiction novels or something like that.. you can keep on underestimating the Bundesliga, but you will be continuously proven wrong in european competitions..
    the Premier League is on his way to lose its 3rd spot of the UEFA Country coefficient to the serie a .. the result will be one less Premier League team in these competitions...

    the reality is that teams like Wolfsburg (who actually struggle in the Bundesliga by the way) win their CL group over Manchester United, who finished third in this group...


    ..also Klopp took over Borussia Dortmund when they finished 13th of the Bundesliga table back in 2008.. get your facts right.. Borussia Dortmund was practically bankrupt and won nothing in several years and didn't even compete for any titles... after 2 years of Klopp they then won the Bundesliga and were close to win the Champions League after trashing a team like Real Madrid 4-0..
    Liverpool is in a way better spot now then Dortmund back then, when he took them over..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •