Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

4 wins in the last 15.
    56% win ratio.

Dismal.

Wrong team. Time to go to sleep i feel.

During the weekend Pep Guardiola turned into that moaning idiot Karl Pilkington from the Sky1 travel show.

so, another 78m spent so far this summer.

his current net spend is 243m ffs.

another 50m on Kyle Walker ffs

just shy of 300m down now. mind boggling sums on players who have huge questions marks over them.

Man City have now spent nearly 200 m on new players this summer alone.

All there old full backs have now left and been replaced by a number of new ones.

If Guardiola doesn't win either the PL or CL this season then he really will be a failure.

Is it really that much of a surprise?

I said at the beginning of last season that Guardiola had inherited an ageing squad, most of which had already seen better days and they haven't invested in full back for six seasons.

City would have had to spend regardless of Guardiola being there and, let's not forget, whenever Man City come in for a player the value increases just because it's Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    Is it really that much of a surprise?

I said at the beginning of last season that Guardiola had inherited an ageing squad, most of which had already seen better days and they haven't invested in full back for six seasons.

City would have had to spend regardless of Guardiola being there and, let's not forget, whenever Man City come in for a player the value increases just because it's Man City.
    come on mate, he has spent over 300m in just ONE YEAR ffs!

by any definition that is obscene. the league title with a Champions League semi has to be an absolute minimum. anything less and he deserves the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post

by any definition that is obscene. the league title with a Champions League semi has to be an absolute minimum. anything less and he deserves the boot.
    I agree with that. This season is where he'll be truly measured and a serious title challenge is a must for him.

I expect he'll achieve that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    I agree with that. This season is where he'll be truly measured and a serious title challenge is a must for him.

I expect he'll achieve that too.
    a title challenge isn't enough. only a win is acceptable. even then it must be coupled with a really good go at the Champions League. you simply can not spend that sort of money from the starting position they had when he arrived and consider anything less acceptable.

If Wenger had spent that much money in a year you'd be demanding the league (after you'd recovered from the shock). Man City were arguably in a better position when he took over.