Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich/Ancelotti out

Re: Pep Guardiola to leave Bayern Munich

The systems and formations are only a part of why he is considered a great manager. It is also about the football he gets his players to play and the improvement of players who already have good ability on the ball. He hasn't actually bought that many players so he will be doing his job with basically the same squad as pellegrini. I'm sure if mourinho or conte went to city they would also be bringing in players worth a few hundred million just like they are doing at their clubs And the football peps barca played was very interesting and the best ever in my opinion and most others I'm sure

Barcelona's football may have enthused their fans ,but there are many people who felt it was soaked in tedium
    I think it would be an understatement to suggest their build play was rather drawn out ,for example, if you were
    watching a Barcelona match ,you could actually pop out to put petrol in your car ,come back and prepare a fecking
    roast and they would still be 30 passes from reaching the opponent's goal !

I for one would rather watch quality build up play even if it doesn't result in a chance than poor scrappy direct play that also doesn't result in a chance. Im sure peps barca created more clear chances in games than mourinhos chelsea or fergies United.

I'm sure if mourinho was at city he would spend the same to bring in a few players he likes. When mourinho first went to chelsea he bought a few players that in today's market would probably cost more than 168 million. And I was talking about mourinhos chelsea. Even so you can be defensive but very good on the counter and be clinical enough to take 3 of the 5 chances you create. Not saying that's what Madrid did but you can be a defensive team and outscore an attacking team in this way

However, 50 million of that was on Stones who, is shite isn't he?

I wouldn't mug mourinho off for his spending just his negative style while at chelsea. Scoring more doesn't mean your a better more attractive attacking team. It can just be that your more clinical in front of goal. Maybe that season barca had more chances than Madrid or half chances or the teams they played got more last ditch tackles in to stop a great attacking move.

The league had nothing to do with mourinhos chelsea being a negative team. He changed his style while at Madrid coz the fans wouldn't stand for defensive football. Just look at ancelotti at chelsea. They scored over a hundred goals with their more open style

I never said mourinho was a bad manager. I just wasn't a fan of his chelsea team. And yes you can whinge about his playing style if your a neutral. I'm sure a few chelsea fans weren't over the moon about it and alot preferred ancelottis double winning team. And again scoring lots of goals doesn't automatically make you an attractive side to watch

I'm pretty sure Chelsea fans adored Mourinho... And i don't recall hearing much negativity from the Stamford Bridge faithful when they were breaking records left right and centre.

Guardiola is a great manager, but it is yet to be seen whether he is capable of transforming a club and turning them into champions. He inherited a great squad at Barcelona and at Bayern. He has now joined a club with infinite amounts of money. It will be interesting how the season pans out because there is a lot of competition this season in the premiership. I personally think it will be Mourinho v Pep for the title....but you cannot write off Chelsea either.

Wrong team. Time to go to sleep i feel.