Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window-2016

Re: January Transfer Window-2016

I agree with you Pokers that the French striker was right to reject that move to Newcastle who could still end up being relegated.
    Why would he want to risk losing his place in the national team with Euro 2016 coming up?
    The Toons recent transfer record with with players from France is also very poor, 12 Million wasted on that Thauvin from Bordeaux etc

Bournemouth have just signed another striker to take their spending this week to 17 Million!

They first splashed out a record 10 million on Wolves forward Benik Afobe and have now re signed Lewis Grabban from Norwich for 7 million.

Newcastle will sign Shelvey from Swansea today for 12 million. Its good at least to see the Toon sign an English player for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Its good at least to see the Toon sign an English player for a change.

Bit of an odd thing to say Hams?

I'm sure they just look at who they can afford and the position they want to improve. I'm sure they don't avoid English players because they're English.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Its good at least to see the Toon sign an English player for a change.

Bit of an odd thing to say Hams?

I'm sure they just look at who they can afford and the position they want to improve. I'm sure they don't avoid English players because they're English.
    I disagree Pokers

Newcastle have had a policy of only signing players from the French or Dutch leagues in the last few years which has been a disaster.

They have deliberately avoided buying English as there is a unfair claim that they are too expensive and Mike Ashley want spend his money.

Lets see if the signing of Shelvey is a change for the better.

Arsenal have confirmed the signing of FC Basel Midfielder Mohamed Elneny for transfer fee thought to be around 5 million.

Southampton have signed striker Charlie Austin from QPR for just 4 million. I'm surprised that the Saints got him for such a small fee!

His contract was running out down wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    His contract was running out down wasn't it?
    Yeah at the end of the season. They turned down a 12M bid from Leicester at the start of the season as well

Norwich City have spent 8.5 million on Scottish midfielder
    Steven Naismith from Everton and another 8 million on Swiss defender Tim Kross from Wolfsburg.

Latest rumours are that Newcastle are close to doing deals for Berahino of West Brom and Spurs Andros Townsend.

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Shane Long of Southampton to help solve their striker situation.