Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup-5th Round- 2015/16

Re: FA Cup-5th Round- 2015/16

Shite, really didn't need a replay. Our finishing was dreadful - one good shot and the game changes completely. Shame we didn't get that early penalty shout, Hull would have had to come forwards more with an early lead on our part.

Seen this before though, haven't we? Incapable of breaking down really average opposition because they pack the box.

Fiar play to Hull ,plenty of Premiership clubs this season have been unable to stop us when we pile on the pressure this season but the championship side did very well in this game. The Goal keeper had a blinder which should indicate something to those who didn't watch the game. Though we looked a bit disjointed and lacking fluidity ,but Hull had a lot to do with that . Iwobi and a better game than in previous outings so his development and confidence will help us gong forth ,but not sure if i would start him in the second leg if we indeed intend to try and win this thing for the 3rd time running. As Zinc said ,we didn't need an extra game that's for sure .

Results

Sat 20/02/16
    Arsenal 0 - 0 Hull City
    Reading 3 - 1 West Bromwich
    Watford 1 - 0 Leeds United
    AFC Bournemouth 0 - 2 Everton

Embarrassing.

Why is it Arsenal make the box standard goalkeepers look World class in almost every game.

Sh*t atmosphere today in the stadium too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Embarrassing.

Why is it Arsenal make the box standard goalkeepers look World class in almost every game.

Sh*t atmosphere today in the stadium too.
    I guess that's a common occurrence based on your participation!

#Bored by the Tigers, you've just been bored by the Tigers#....etc. Great performance by Jakupovic, credit to Hull for holding the Arse to a draw, and a good result from a Spurs point of view. If the Barcelona game goes to expectation Arsenal will only have the PL and the FA cup to focus on, so the longer they are in the cup the better.
    Seriously, teams like Hull can be incredibly frustrating, coming to an away ground and spending practically 90 minutes defending. The one concern for Arsenal fans is the lack of goals in recent games, they really should have finished this game off today. Not a good day for Sanchez to have his boots on the wrong feet, but I'm sure they'll do the job in the replay.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Sanchez doesn't know how to pass the ball 5 yards at the moment. Don't blame Hull at all and don't think they were overly dirty about it, despite us having two decent penalty shouts. Yes the keeper played well but I'd only call 2 or 3 of his saves top drawn, the rest were straight down his throat.

I felt a deep burning sense of rage as Ross Barkley scored his 700th deflected goal of the season thinking back to all our deflections taking the ball away from the back of the net - I'm not blaming luck because we're not making much for ourselves and our finishing has simply been poor for a long time but god damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc
    Yes the keeper played well but I'd only call 2 or 3 of his saves top drawn, the rest were straight down his throat.
    Well bugger me Zinc, you are a harsh critic, a Championship keeper makes "2 or 3" top draw saves away to Arsenal and you say "meh"? The man is the only reason Arsenal are going to have to make an unwanted detour to East Yorkshire, a keeper like that is gold dust, and possibly a big part of why Hull are sitting pretty at the top of their league.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

The Hammers are taking 7,000 away fans to Blackburn Rovers today,
    There should be better atmosphere than at the Emirates. :P

3-1 to West Ham at the moment but Kouyate has just been sent off and both sides are down to 10 men each!

Hope to get either Reading or Watford at home in quarter finals if we get through the last 10 mins at Ewood Park.