Thread: Straight Outta Compton

Straight Outta Compton

Finally got round to watching this one. Being a fan of the early NWA stuff I really enjoyed it. Ice Cubes son didn't put in a great performance though. I'm pretty sure that some of the scenes were a real stretch on the true story though. I'm pretty sure Dre didn't tell Suge to his face that he was leaving Death Row! - I think he called him from New York - I would have called from China!. Good performances from the rest of the cast though. The end of the film was good, it brought back to some great memories from the mid 90's when I really started getting into rap music and some of the stuff coming out of the West Coast at the time from 2Pac, Snoop Dogg and Warren G.

Re: Straight Outta Compton

I still haven't had time to watch this yet but looking forward to it as i loved the Hip Hop era of the late 80's early 90's which brought us the likes of Run DMC,Public Enemy and The Beastie Boys etc.

I always thought that ICE T was the original gangster rapper from the West Coast before the likes of NWA came along 2PAC and Snoop Dogg.