Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45

Thread: FA Cup Quarter Finals - 2015/16

Re: FA Cup Quarter Finals - 2015/16

biggest game of both our seasons. my one hope is that this is a game NOT influenced in any way by the match officials.

i'm confident. i'm excited. i'm anxious.
    what makes it so big? it's just a quaterfinal for Christ's sake, Steely

Strangely flat first half, the game against Arsenal had more of a cup feel about it. Man Utd have done well to keep the likes of Payet and Lanzini quiet, and they have had the best chances of getting a goal. Bilic has to deliver a big half time talk!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Well the game got going second half, I guess Man United did enough to win it, but West Ham showed a lot of fight even if it was possibly too little too late. Great goal by Rashford, the boy looks talented, a diamond among a team of rhinestones. Pretty entertaining game overall, Man United have to be favourites to lift the cup now.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Not surprised at all, West Ham played their cup final against us and didn't have enough left in the tank, even Payet's desperate diving couldn't save the plucky Hammers.

I'm gutted, I desperately don't want United to win the FA Cup.

i agree. the 1st half was a tad flat, Pickle. but then again, remember the 1st half at White Hart Lane.same stuff. the only difference Spurs were very slow at getting into the game while we pressed them hard the first minutes. they leveled out by 20 min. though.

overall, enjoyable game. a game when you can't be ashamed that you lost out.

can't blame Antonio for that mishap i think he's a great asset. in general, after getting to know the squad better i have reconsidered my words regarding Musa. our flanks are strong and swift as it is. as for Dumbia Emmenike is just about the same striker. what we need is somebody creative in the midfield to couple with Nobel.a playmaker type of Modric or Ozil. but this stuff is rare to be found, let alone get the hold of.

disappointing though to slump out knowing who are in the semis. now i understand why Steely refered to this as the biggest game. had we beat MU the way to the trophey would of been paved.

Result
    Wed 13/04/16
    West Ham United 1 - 2 Manchester United

I'm very disappointed to go out the FA cup but i think Man Utd were the better team tonight.

How many lives has LVG got? Once again when he is close to the sack the Red Devils pull out another result to save him!

I also really hope that they don't win this trophy or finish in the top 4.

No I'm not bitter!!

its been rare that i've had an opportunity to offer any criticism of our manager this season but i think, not only did he get this one wrong, but he didn't remedy it sufficiently during the game in the way he has done previously.

we started well, very well in fact but took our foot off the pedal and allowed them into the game. centrally we were non-existent and allowed Carrick and Fellaini acres of space and hours of time on the ball to pick a pass and/or run at us. our closing down was poor throughout the game and it was never addressed by Bilic.

with hindsight, it should have been a game which had Obiang in the middle as a three and that was the switch i expected at half time but it never came, presumably to chase the game that bit more but we were just crap in possession throughout.

playing Valencia was a massive mistake. the bloke just can't cut it. and those two lame efforts on goal were sackable offences in my eyes. i hope to see him shipped out in the summer, at whatever cost. a complete liability consistently but enough to make a suitably decent youtube highlights reel that might impress some other mug enough to invest their money in him.

all in all not a particularly good performance but, despite that, we would have gone into extra time had it not been for some absolutely world class goalkeeping.

we'll dust ourselves off and go again. disappointed in the result, obviously, but we just weren't up for it enough.

the sooner Antonio is allowed back into his natural position the better though. hopefully Collins will be ready for 90 mins so we can move Tomkins to full back and push Antonio up.

This game was always going to be a tough ask after the Arsenal game. We softened this West Ham up for United.
    Payet should have had a penalty from Blind though.

Quite a nervy ending. Once we had the second I thought it would be a walk in the park but they just kept pumping the ball in the box. De Gea was the hero once again - he is our player of the season with Rashford closely behind - which considering he has only played 11 matches is really saying something!.

all in all not a particularly good performance but, despite that, we would have gone into extra time had it not been for some absolutely world class goalkeeping.
    yes, those saves were splendid, but sometimes luck also factors in. Kouyate was just marginally off side whem he headed the ball in which would have bocome our equalizer. he should have scoored moments before though. he had as much as two attempts from point blank to do that for Christ's sake.

i think you are being too harsh on Valencia. he wasn't that bad in all last three games that i have seen. though i look to you on this as you have seen the whole season and will have attended a few home games.

all in all, i see Bilic has indeed been able to make up a tough team. what i like about it most is how we break into counters without keeping losing the ball. sometimes we are passing so fast that i wonder is this WHU at all? such a radical change.