Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Quarter Finals - 2015/16

Re: FA Cup Quarter Finals - 2015/16

Thought - if you're the last man and you foul a player it will often result in a red because you're stealing a goal scoring opportunity BUT, if you're a striker you can make the same foul on the defender as a gamble to steal yourself a goal scoring opportunity but it won't result in the same red. Hmmm.

Sun 13/03/16
    Manchester United 1 - 1 West Ham United

The Hammers will have one more magical night in the FA Cup at Upton Park after this draw at Old Trafford.

Your boy has lost it Specs
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Great result for Spam, didn't see the game for obvious reasons, I'd strongly fancy them in the replay though.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Great result for Spam, didn't see the game for obvious reasons, I'd strongly fancy them in the replay though.
    Excellent dive from Payet to win the freekick.

Tell you what Fair play to Watford ,they deserved to win and we were very fortunate to finish the game with 11 men.
    In retrospect i wish we had gotten that deserved red card ,because maybe then it would have triggered the same sense of urgency as we had in the final 15 minutes.
    I have to say i am really tired of us not taking teams of this level seriously ,that's not to say we came out completely flat ,but Watford deserved to be treated like a top ream on this occasion ,and you can only look to the manager for that flaw in the character of the team.
    Maybe they ere looking at the Barca game to come ,but i think that is a lame excuse personally .even the players we started this game with should have done better ,and there was some diabolical defending by bot CB's on both goals.
    No doubt the anti Wenger mob take this opportunity to come out in force .
    Not sure what will happen from here on out ,but that's one less obstacle for the league challenge ,but at this point we are hoping for Leicester to slip up .
    By the way what a strike for that second goal ,i really expected that to go into row Z or clear the stand altogether, incredible hit.

Two cracking games today I must admit I really enjoyed them.

The Arsenal V Watford game suddenly came into life in the 2nd half with 2 amazing goals from Watford. The Arsenal only really started playing in the last 15 minutes & the it became a real proper "blood & snot" cup tie, just how they didn't equalise is beyond me? But give Watford their due they defended in depth & broke with speed, accuracy & numbers. Arsenal could not break them down & were very predictable.

The United v West Ham was another good game, United were a lot better & more positive compared to Thursday but why oh why do they persist with the long ball to Feliani to fight over? West Ham nullified him pretty quickly. Fantastic goal from Payet but he is a bit of an enigma! He reminds me of the captain of a lower league team where the best player/captain takes all the free kicks & corners and only bothers to get involved when it suits him. The young winger for West Ham looked good.
    A deserved draw but the United equaliser was controversial (now how often do we say that every season?) Even my missus shouted that the big German had taken the goalie out & she was doing a Sudoku at the time as well as watching the match. (multi tasking) Just a pity for West Ham that the ref didn't see it.

Quite an exciting afternoon for the neutral.

frustrating that we allowed them to dominate us so heavily after our goal but taking them back to our place for one final cup tie at the Boleyn will have to do.

i thought we played well but lacked cutting edge up front. having Sakho fit and starting games is essential as he makes such a difference. Emenike for all his effort simply isn't up to it. if we'd have started Sakho i reckon we'd have won the game.

another immense display from Noble though and a world class free kick from Payet against somebody who is tipped as being the worlds best 'keeper from 30 yards. beautiful stuff. there was nothing from them that made me concerned about the replay and with the other results going the way they did, we have it all to play for now.

there was a foul on Randloph for their goal but, in fairness, i'm not surprised the referee never saw it - i only saw it on a replay so its just one of those things. we're still in the draw for the semi finals and so that is the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc
    How did the ref not give Gabriel a red? He was literally staring straight at it from about 3 metres away.
    Yeah, quite baffling really. surely a candidate for retrospective action though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc
    How did the ref not give Gabriel a red? He was literally staring straight at it from about 3 metres away.
    Yeah, quite baffling really. surely a candidate for retrospective action though.
    Not a chance ,that ref was looking right at it!
    If you mean retrospective as in sending the ref down to the championship for a couple of seasons then yeah!
    By the way i forgot to mention Elneny made me eat my words ,he actually played really well in this game .
    Coquelin was a beast in this game how many interceptions he made, i am guessing, must have been a season high so far .