Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big EU Referendum/Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    That seems more the case of a politician lobbying Uber than the other way around.
    The two of them have been in bed together for years mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    I will wish you all good luck with that Communist in charge and I'll go back to Spain.
    That's one immigrant gone then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    That's one immigrant gone then.

so that's what Corbyn means when he says he is "for the many, not the few".

for the many Brits and not the few foreigners. dog whistle politics at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post

so that's what Corbyn means when he says he is "for the many, not the few".

for the many Brits and not the few foreigners. dog whistle politics at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    and that justifies police brutality how exactly?
    Where did I say that?
    It was my answer to your "police were confiscating the ballot papers" like if that was the problem of attendance. People voted 4 times the same day!!
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

The people of Catalonia have a right to self govern if they wish.
    Not under current law.
    First change the law, then Catalonia will have the right to self determination. But so far, it's just a region. And regions are not countries.

The spanish government is afraid something similar to what happened in Slovenia/Yugoslavia in 1991 happens in Spain. That's why they tried to avoid the referendum.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Where did I say that?
    It was my answer to your "police were confiscating the ballot papers" like if that was the problem of attendance. People voted 4 times the same day!!
    I also said that the police were attacking voters and tearing down polling booths. You disagree with the police reaction? well that's a start. All this just adds to my point that if they had embraced this referendum and got in international election officials then they could have made sure that is was being conducted fairly

Nick Clegg has published a book about how to stop Brexit and wants a 2nd referendum as none of the promises given by the Leave campaign have materialized and we appear to be crashing out of the EU without a deal. My query is can this actually be reversed?. Since we triggered article 30 then surely Brexit cannot be stopped and will happen anyway regardless of if the people wants to change it or not.

I also said that the police were attacking voters and tearing down polling booths. You disagree with the police reaction? well that's a start. All this just adds to my point that if they had embraced this referendum and got in international election officials then they could have made sure that is was being conducted fairly
    Isn't that Raul's point though, they couldn't embrace it because it is illegal?

Nick Clegg has published a book about how to stop Brexit and wants a 2nd referendum as none of the promises given by the Leave campaign have materialized and we appear to be crashing out of the EU without a deal. My query is can this actually be reversed?. Since we triggered article 30 then surely Brexit cannot be stopped and will happen anyway regardless of if the people wants to change it or not.
    never underestimate the sheer willpower of politicians to bow down to corporate entities. if there is a way to stop it, they will do so. I have no doubt about that. the question is which individuals in power would put their name to it