Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big EU Referendum/Politics Thread

Re: The Big EU Referendum Thread

At least we know that Her majesty the Queen supports the leave campaign and its important that we know her view.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    At least we know that Her majesty the Queen supports the leave campaign and its important that we know her view.
    Dont get too excited there, its only The Sun reporting that so I wouldn't take it as 100% true!.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    she's pretty much the only person in a position of national and international importance who isn't motivated by self-interest.
    Well she doesn't have to worry about re-election.

however, i'm happy to go on record as saying i'd actualy be willing to place my hat on whichever view Her Majesty has and vote accordingly.
    That seems rather different from your original opinion:-

it's probably wise to ignore anybody else and draw your own conclusions based on your own personal situation, thoughts and interpretations.
    I don't buy this idea that she has no political leanings. Im pretty sure she does and that they are most probably right wing but she just isn't going to state that publicly and let her popularity take a hit.

Just seen Boris on the TV give a speech in a warehouse about exiting the EU. At the end he descends from the platform &buy a used car fo shakes a woman's hand & says softly "Thank you for coming". The lady replies "I had too I work here"

Dunno about you but a guy who doesn't know a punter from a put upon working fails to get my vote.

Cummon people just look at the guys who want us to leave? Would you buy a used car from any of them? Would you want to have a drink with them? Are they not just a gang of self centred greedy career poliicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Way House
    Would you buy a used car from any of them? Would you want to have a drink with them? Are they not just a gang of self centred greedy career poliicians.
    but would you buy a used car from David Cameron or Tony Blair?.

David Cameron has once again been going on about how the UK will be damaged economically by leaving the EU. If that was the case then surely he wouldn't even have suggested a referendum. The Government keeps going on about decreasing the defecit and balancing the books so if leaving the EU would negatively effect all this then they wouldn't have even given it a thought surely?.

Which makes me wonder what is the future of UKIP?. Their flagship policy was one of a referendum on whether the UK should remain in the EU or leave, that has been achieved now.

David Cameron could have gone back on the pledge to hold a referendum after the election. No-one would have been surprised by it. They have already gone back on the promise not to cut tax credits!.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Which makes me wonder what is the future of UKIP?. Their flagship policy was one of a referendum on whether the UK should remain in the EU or leave, that has been achieved now.
    couldn't you make that same argument against the SNP who didn't seem harmed by the union votes?
    I guess you could but the SNP have done a good job of marketing themselves as a party with policies that can be pursued within the Union. I can't think of a single UKIP policy which isn't to do with immigration or the EU.

Interesting that Work and Pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith resigned over the weekend.

My guess is that he did it so he can now campaign for our Brexit rather than him being upset over disability benefit cuts?

Interesting that Work and Pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith resigned over the weekend.

My guess is that he did it so he can now campaign for our Brexit rather than him being upset over disability benefit cuts?
    Aye I don't buy this argument that after years of drastic cuts he has suddenly grown a conscience over the disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus

Aye I don't buy this argument that after years of drastic cuts he has suddenly grown a conscience over the disabled.
    Yes, I heard that news and thought it sounded uncommonly principled for a politician, especially a Tory politician. Normally the resignations are tendered when the man in question is caught with the au pair, a male prostitute, or wants to stick the knife into the leader of the party. The Brexit thing sounds most plausible.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!