Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016-Group Tables/Fixtures/Results

Re: Euro 2016-Group Tables/Fixtures/Results

Result

Sun 12/06/16
    Turkey 0-1 Croatia

Great strike from Modric to win the match!
    Deserved victory for Croatia who have played the best football so far.

Coming up next - Poland v Northern Ireland

Result

Sun 12/06/16
    Poland 1 - 0 Northern Ireland

Comfortable win for the Poles against the Irish who were no threat in attack.

Dedication to the cause..

Working in the morning but gonna try and get up for the 2am kickoff tonight. Likely a win or bust match for us, with Belgium and Italy to come anything less than a win tonight leaves us with a mountain to climb. I haven't seen much of this Sweden side but apart from the obvious threat up front they don't seem like any great shakes so I'm optimistic we can get a result

Coming up next

Mon 13/06/16
    Republic of Irů 17 : 00 Sweden

Can the Irish stop Zlatan from scoring? West Ham's No 2 keeper Randalph will be in goal so is bound to keep a clean sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Dedication to the cause..

Working in the morning but gonna try and get up for the 2am kickoff tonight. Likely a win or bust match for us, with Belgium and Italy to come anything less than a win tonight leaves us with a mountain to climb. I haven't seen much of this Sweden side but apart from the obvious threat up front they don't seem like any great shakes so I'm optimistic we can get a result

Brilliant.

Mon 13/06/16
    Republic of Irů 1 - 1 Sweden

Was a draw a fair result?

Just about a fair result even though Sweden didn't have a shot on target. We were the better team in the first half and had all the chances but once we scored we stopped playing and let them come at us down our right mostly or maybe they upped their game. Not a terrible result for us in the end and am looking forward to playing Belgium on Saturday

I didn't realise that Sweden didn't actually have a shot on target during the match.
    Its a shame that Ireland were unable to stop Zlatan going on that run at the end that lead to the OG as he had been kept quite before then.
    Haven't been impressed by either Lewandowski or Ibrahimovic so far and Morata was poor also.

Pretty much the same assessment for me as well, a performance from us, certainly better than I expected. We were unlucky not to win though we did let the Swedes back into it so only have ourselves to blame really.

From what I've heard Belgium weren't anything special against Italy so another good performance and who knows, we might spring another surprise. Not the result we wanted last night but it's still all to play for at least

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho

From what I've heard Belgium weren't anything special against Italy so another good performance and who knows, we might spring another surprise. Not the result we wanted last night but it's still all to play for at least
    What is it about Belgium? They have a good side, better than England I'd say, but they bomb in tournaments. I'd say Ireland have a chance against them.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!