Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016-Group Tables/Fixtures/Results

Re: Euro 2016-Group Tables/Fixtures

This weekends fixtures that don't have a topic.

Sat 11/06/16
    Albania 14 : 00 Switzerland
    Wales 17 : 00 Slovakia

Sun 12/06/16
    Turkey 14 : 00 Croatia
    Poland 17 : 00 Northern Ireland

Results

Sat 11/06/16
    Albania 0 - 1 Switzerland
    Wales 2 - 1 Slovakia

Cracking free kick from Bale to help Wales to a 2-1 win against Slovakia.

Cant believe that Martin Skrtel wasn't sent off for that elbow but he has been getting away with that at Liverpool for many years.

Re: Euro 2016-Group Tables/Fixtures/Results

Result

Sun 12/06/16
    Turkey 0-1 Croatia

Great strike from Modric to win the match!
    Deserved victory for Croatia who have played the best football so far.

Coming up next - Poland v Northern Ireland

Result

Sun 12/06/16
    Poland 1 - 0 Northern Ireland

Comfortable win for the Poles against the Irish who were no threat in attack.

Turkey 14 : 00 Croatia

impressed by Croatia. missed a hatful of chances but were dominant throughout. with Rakitic, Perisic and Modric pulling the strings they'll be a danger for anyone to face. all three were absolutely class.

Poland 17 : 00 Northern Ireland

a little annoyed with our Monarch loving friends in the north of the emerald isle. on the weekend of Her Majesty's birthday celebrations they turned up as losers and left as losers. I thought they showed Poland too much respect and nobody wants to see sides set up for a 0-0 in international tournaments. while they did keep Lewandowski relatively quiet they did nothing of note when they had the ball, barely even pretending to consider winning the game.

a great shame and I can't help but look at this as an opportunity lost.

Dedication to the cause..

Working in the morning but gonna try and get up for the 2am kickoff tonight. Likely a win or bust match for us, with Belgium and Italy to come anything less than a win tonight leaves us with a mountain to climb. I haven't seen much of this Sweden side but apart from the obvious threat up front they don't seem like any great shakes so I'm optimistic we can get a result

Coming up next

Mon 13/06/16
    Republic of Irů 17 : 00 Sweden

Can the Irish stop Zlatan from scoring? West Ham's No 2 keeper Randalph will be in goal so is bound to keep a clean sheet!

big, big test for the Paddies. there isn't an awful lot between the sides if you take away Ibrahimovic but keeping him quiet is obviously easier said than done. I'm actually interested to see their method of dealing with him. N.Ireland seemed to rough Lewandowski up a bit but I'm not so sure that will work with Ibrahimovic who will know this is his last international tournament.

his focus on this game and tournament will be at this maximum and we know he relishes such occasions where the spotlight is on him. with his impending move to be revealed there has never been more focus on him so he will be desperate to perform and his country certainly need that to happen.

I think Sweden will just edge it though with a 2-1 win, probably with that man to grab a brace.

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Dedication to the cause..

Working in the morning but gonna try and get up for the 2am kickoff tonight. Likely a win or bust match for us, with Belgium and Italy to come anything less than a win tonight leaves us with a mountain to climb. I haven't seen much of this Sweden side but apart from the obvious threat up front they don't seem like any great shakes so I'm optimistic we can get a result

Brilliant.

Mon 13/06/16
    Republic of Irů 1 - 1 Sweden

Was a draw a fair result?