Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup- Semi Finals-2015/16

FA Cup- Semi Finals-2015/16

23rd/24th April

Crystal Palace v Watford

Everton v West Ham/Man Utd

If the Hammers beat Man Utd in our replay we will take on Everton in the semi final at Wembley
    I would have preferred Palace or Watford.

Re: FA Cup- Semi Finals-2015/16

I fancy West Ham to beat Manure in London, LVG has managed to lose the team's mojo and doesn't look like finding it again any time soon (or maybe he just never had possession of their mojo from the day he joined?). Anyway, should West Ham do it this is probably their best chance of beating Everton after the late, late turnaround at Goodison in the league, it was a monkey off their backs.
    The game between Palace and Watford is too close to call, Watford have better recent form but I don't think that will count for much in a cup quarter final. Whatever, looks like the colour of ribbons around the cup this season wont be from the big boys. Personally I hope Watford do it, splendid display against Arsenal!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Semi Finals

Sat 23/04/16
    Everton 17 : 15 Manchester United

Sun 24/04/16
    Crystal Palace 16 : 00 Watford

Any comments or predictions?

I'm sensing a repeat of the 1990 final Man Utd v Palace. Hopefully as exciting as well!.

First half to Man United, perhaps predictably as Everton's form has been average to say the least. The goal was inevitable, Linguard, Rashford, and Martial carving open the Everton defence way too easily.
    Lukaku needed to finish those two chances he had, just not good enough, if Everton have a chance of a comeback he needs to come out and have a much better second half.

A belting cup tie in the end, well done but commiserations to Everton who came out a much better team second half. A real gutter for their fans, you feel this would have meant so much more to them than it does to the Man Utd fans, who will see it as a consolation prize.

Nonetheless, the Manchester club's superior attack prevailed in the end, they took their opportunities so you can't say they were lucky, if truth be told they probably should have been two up at half time. LVG lives to fight another day, it probably means the end for Martinez, but you can't say his team went out with a whimper, a really enjoyable game I thought.

Result

Sat 23/04/16
    Everton 1 - 2 Manchester United

It was a cracking FA Cup semi final at Wembley today.

I thought Everton did well to get back into it in 2nd half and it
    looked like the game was going into extra time but then up popped Martial to score injury time winner!

Could this be the end now for Martinez? Also if Utd win cup will LVG stay at Old Trafford?

How many chances did Lukaku miss today?! I wouldn't pay 60 million for him that's for sure.

Sun 24/04/16
    Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Watford

Palace reach the final for the first time in 26 years and will meet Man Utd in a repeat of their clash back in 1990.

It was a deserved win for the Eagles who were the better side on the day.

Seen the highlights and I think De Geas save is even better than Schmeichals penalty save against Arsenal back in 99. His agility is amazing.

I'm quite happy with facing Palace in the final. Its been too long since we won the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Seen the highlights and I think De Geas save is even better than Schmeichals penalty save against Arsenal back in 99. His agility is amazing.

I'm quite happy with facing Palace in the final. Its been too long since we won the cup.
    I think the last time Utd won the FA Cup was back in 2004 with a win possibly against Millwall in the final?