Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokers Political Corner

Re: Pokers Political Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    personally speaking, i have no expectations. none of them work for me and none of them actually help me prosper. it just baffles me that people portray Labour as some sort of social saviours.
    Its all down to your personal experience. I can say I definatley benefited from Labour getting in in 1997 as i was on a really shitty wage - when they introduced the National Minimum Wage it was a huge help.
    I remember Tory politicians telling us a National Minimum Wage would "cost jobs" in the days when Labour were campaigning for it - they were right it cost the nation below subsistence level jobs and prevented us from becoming a smaller version of India or China. If the NHS was Labour's finest hour, a very close second place was the minimum wage, a real boon for ordinary people and something a Tory government would never have entertained.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    If the NHS was Labour's finest hour, a very close second place was the minimum wage, a real boon for ordinary people and something a Tory government would never have entertained.
    When the vote was due the Tories tried to wreck it by filibustering.

personally speaking, i have no expectations. none of them work for me and none of them actually help me prosper. it just baffles me that people portray Labour as some sort of social saviours.
    Its all down to your personal experience. I can say I definatley benefited from Labour getting in in 1997 as i was on a really shitty wage - when they introduced the National Minimum Wage it was a huge help.
    I remember Tory politicians telling us a National Minimum Wage would "cost jobs" in the days when Labour were campaigning for it - they were right it cost the nation below subsistence level jobs and prevented us from becoming a smaller version of India or China. If the NHS was Labour's finest hour, a very close second place was the minimum wage, a real boon for ordinary people and something a Tory government would never have entertained.
    Pretty much the exact same debate happening now with Sanders.

and yet you do not vote for them.
    But I did vote for them in 1997...

and yet you do not vote for them.
    Yeah, the thing is Steely doesn't really care about democracy, who cares who you voted for?

if an unelected dictator was able to operate a solid economy, good education and healthcare and general prosperity for his/her people then it would be illogical to topple them in favour of some 'democratically elected' berk who could lower living standards.

any democratic process can only ever be as good as the candidates available for your vote. as you know, more often than not the Giant Douche v Turd Sandwich principle is the reality of our democratic process. there is nothing illogical in the possibility that a dictator could run a country better than a democratically elected one.
    A fascist or communist dictatorship is fine as long as it delivers the important numbers, so stop whining Seamus. Just because some 'democratically elected berk' got you a living wage it is all about democracy is it? You are what is wrong with this country, come the revolution you'll be first against the wall Captain Traitor.

A fascist or communist dictatorship is fine as long as it delivers the important numbers, so stop whining Seamus. Just because some 'democratically elected berk' got you a living wage it is all about democracy is it? You are what is wrong with this country, come the revolution you'll be first against the wall Captain Traitor.
    well that didn't take long.

it also didn't take long, despite you even quoting wy words, for you to add your own bit of spin into it to entirely skew the context of the quote.

who on earth has mentioned anything about fascists or communists except for you here?

Must try harder.
    Couldn't resist, I had to work it in somewhere!

for sure, and now 20 years down the line they no longer work for you or help you prosper enough to justify you giving them your vote.
    Aye, thats about it. When they slowly starting morphing into the Tory Party, they lose my vote.

Couldn't resist, I had to work it in somewhere!

you blew your load way to early there mate ,
    Don't you worry, there is still plenty of mileage in that one!

Aye, thats about it. When they slowly starting morphing into the Tory Party, they lose my vote.
    Does that accusation stick now that Uncle Jeremy is at the helm?

will he win your vote back from the SNP?

i doubt it.
    Well the leader up here (for the moment at least) is Kezia Dugdale - I would be very surprised if either are still in their jobs the next time an election rolls around.

http://news.sky.com/story/fat-cat-we...ality-10717452

Pigs.

Tories need to fulfil their promise and revisit this.

It's great that this group are making more awareness though.