Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56

Thread: Pokers Political Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    interesting you're siding with the Tories over Labour on this.

personally I stand to benefit from increased public sector pay so of course I support it
    I like to think I side with what I believe is right.

As it happens I think the public sector should have their payrise which is long over due. But the private sector is in a much dire state than the Public one.

Look at Tesco for instance, turning in multi millions each year, yet they pay their staff just over 9 per hour. I know it's not a particular skill to stack the selves or to work on a till, but the overwhelming amount Tesco are turning in needs to reflect it's staff pay better.

This lower end pay in the public sector needs to be reviewed before we start looking at people who are brining home 40k+ ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokers View Post
    I like to think I side with what I believe is right.

As it happens I think the public sector should have their payrise which is long over due. But the private sector is in a much dire state than the Public one.

Look at Tesco for instance, turning in multi millions each year, yet they pay their staff just over 9 per hour. I know it's not a particular skill to stack the selves or to work on a till, but the overwhelming amount Tesco are turning in needs to reflect it's staff pay better.

This lower end pay in the public sector needs to be reviewed before we start looking at people who are brining home 40k+ ffs.
    I suppose the argument goes that those working in the public sector are, by definition, providing a public service. those working in the private sector work to basically maximise profit margins of the organisation they work for.

in addition to that the Govt only really has the ability to legislate on public sector workers. they could introduce a higher minimum wage but there are flaws in that too. naturally I want every worker to get more money, whatever it is they do, but obviously it isn't that simple.

I don't want to get too much into specifics on this subject as I'm aware this is a public forum