Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Players to Watch?Best XI

Players to Watch?Best XI

Who are the players expected to light up the tournament? Who are you expecting to arrive on the big stage?

with the expanded tournament we have some unfamiliar nations competing and so this will serve as a huge shop window for players to earn a lucrative transfer.

plenty of England players relatively new to the international stage who we'll be hoping stand out but who else are you tipping to make it big?

Re: Players to Watch?

Remember me complaining about how lucky it was for England to have such giants as Kane and Vardy pop up like overnight and how bad the situation was in Russia in this respect? Well it turns out our crop, scanty as it is, has also grown overnight. There is one this striker who was just recently a laughing stock for his poor track record as far as scoring goals. He was setting a record after record with his goal drought. They were people who even counted how many goalless minutes or matches he spent on the pitch. But this spring it has all turned around. He's scored as many as 20 goals this season 14 of which were in last 8 consecutive matches. This being the case, I am pretty much sure he is going to start for Russia if not injured or something. Unfortunately I was able to find only a highlights video which covers just 7 goals he scored in April

Overall he reminds Kane in his manner. Just does what the striker should do - strike unexpectedly as soon as there is an opening for that.

another one who might start for Russia on the cutting edge is Artem Dzyuba from Zenit. his career has been upbeat since he moved to this club from Spartak Moscow, mainly because of Hulk and his sublime crosses and passes which he's been so good at converting into goals. many consider him a battering ram type of a striker but he is surprisingly technical for his stature and quite good and confident at the ball on the ground. sometimes he can even go into successful dribbling or lay off a perfect intelligent pass. and it was his goal against Sweden that played a major role in Russia's qualifying for Euoros. and it was a very beautiful combination too.

he can be compared to Carroll somewhat, at least in his height.

Carroll 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
    Dzyuba 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)

Quote Originally Posted by Almeida

Overall he reminds Kane in his manner. Just does what the striker should do - strike unexpectedly as soon as there is an opening for that.
    Yeah, there is a bit of Kane about him, those Russian stadiums looked mightily empty Almeida, I take it he plays for one of the less fashionable teams?
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I can see Kane and Vardy having good tournaments, we seem to be sorted up front, it is the midfield and defence that worries me. It will be really interesting to see how Roy sets them up to achieve the right balance.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I think we will be fine in Midfield Pickles as we have Alli,Barkley and Rooney to create but its in centre back positions where we are weak.

Which players should we be watching out for Almeida when England take on Russia on the 11th June?

this time Germany will have Reus in their line up ..

I think the french team has some big talents among their rows!

Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    this time Germany will have Reus in their line up ..

I think the french team has some big talents among their rows!
    Paul Pogba is very good at the moment with Juventus and also Antoine Griezmann of Atletico has had a great season.

Then Payet of West Ham and i would imagine Liecester's Kante will be their holding midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Quote Originally Posted by Almeida

Yeah, there is a bit of Kane about him, those Russian stadiums looked mightily empty Almeida, I take it he plays for one of the less fashionable teams?
    it's just what i have written on a couple occasions, that is people are not crazy here about this soprt.
    he plays for Krasnodar which currently sits 4th and has something to fight for with just 2 weeks to go. and it's a bad timing for us to have to take them on tomorrow, i mean CSKA. we need to secure a win to retain our leading position which will be not easy with him having hit his top ever form. his name btw Fedor Smolov. and his scoring success is mightly attributed to another player who might be in the starting line-up for Russia, Mamaev. this couple has a fantastic mutual understanding. look at their latest beauty. what a pass!

and here this couple scores against Dortmund. i'm sure Simple was watching this game