Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Rooney Watch

Wayne Rooney Watch

As is now customary, this thread is where we'll track the performance and progress of 'Wazza' the record goalscorer for England.

his tournament prowess has come under close scrutiny and we'll continue that here.

Re: Wayne Rooney Watch

He has hardly played all season and hasn't been effective when he has played. Give his seat on the plane to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus
    He has hardly played all season and hasn't been effective when he has played. Give his seat on the plane to someone else.
    Well said mate, I'm sure that isn't all that easy to say for a Man Utd fan. He has been a better servant of Man Utd than he has been for England when it comes to major tournaments. Yes, the record number of goals shouldn't be forgotten, but nor should it be over hyped as we haven't won anything for 50 years. At this stage in his career I'd say squad player at best, but to be honest I'd like to see a break away from "golden generation" failures. I'd love to come on here and eat humble pie about this in a couple of months time, but I fear that may be a tad optimistic...
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

As expected he has been named in the squad. he cant even get in his club team as a striker so it will be interesting to see Hodgson shoehorn him in somewhere at the expense of squad balance and tactical cohesion.

then watch as his fanboys whinge about him being 'out of position' when he is abysmal yet again or rejoice as he manages to score a tap in from 2 yards

So it would seem Rooney may well play a midfield role for England after the game he had for Man Utd in the cup final. He actually played well in that game, it was his run that led to his team's first goal, even if Palace gave him a ridiculous amount of room and developed an aversion to tackling him.
    Lets face it though, if Rooney had stunk up Wembley he would still be an automatic starter for Roy, so let's hope he brings his best form into the tournament. He owes us one good tournament, and if he can spark with the likes of Alli we'll cause problems for any team attack wise. Come on you potato headed little f*cker, let's see you deliver.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

It's true. Of course Rooney doesn't deserve a place, but we should just get used to the fact he's going to start and hope he delivers what he's capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    It's true. Of course Rooney doesn't deserve a place, but we should just get used to the fact he's going to start and hope he delivers what he's capable of.
    Yep, that's about the sum of it.

i do wonder whether other countries have this situation repeatedly tournament after tournament though.

Rooney of course he is going to start...Rooney is probably their most recognized player but also he is their captain isn't he not? So of course he is going to start but then again Rooney in major tournaments like EURO, FIFA World Cup, etc. for England he has always underperformed but who knows maybe EURO 2016 will finally be the tournament where we see Rooney finally break through and go off

Here we have England RECORD goalscorer who everyone doesn't want to play up front or start. Crazy!

Wazza is expected to start against Russia tonight and will play behind Kane so will be keeping a close eye on the England captains performance.