Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will win the tournament?

Who will win the tournament?

Germany are the bookies favourites with host nation France not far behind.

you then have the usual suspects in Spain, Italy and even England making up the other candidates to lift the trophy.

who are you expecting to lift the trophy?

Re: Who will win the tournament?

Sometimes with the Euros it can be a surprise with who wins (Greece, Denmark). What are the odds on Belgium to win it?.

Too many painful scars of watching England fail in major tournaments prevents me from suggesting we have a realistic chance of winning the tournament even in jest. The winners will be from Germany, France or Spain, we might make it to a semi and I guess we shouldn't expect any better. I fear England's path will be all too predictable, so much so I've drawn up an England Bingo Card to keep me interested as our inevitable demise comes to pass (no, I didn't rip this off the internet, it is an original Pickle ). Cross off each square as you hear them during commentary or punditry...

Maybe this should be in the Rooney Watch section? Anyhoo, I'll gladly accept any suggestions for likely phrases that pundits or commentators might make that beat mine (there are plenty of blank squares!) so don't be shy. I'll put in the best ones.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I would love to see Spain win it again for a 3rd time in a row after triumphing in 2008 and 2012
    but the Spanish national team are not playing well at the moment and Diego Costa who changed passports
    has not been a success for Del Bosque. My money is on the Germans winning with maybe France as runners up.

I also think that Germany will take this..
    Loew always doesn't give a s*** about the time between tournaments.. so imo you can pretty much ignore their latest performance..

My pick honestly to win EURO 2016 have to be the reigning World Champions the Germans...I mean how can you bet against them? But then you still can't forget about the Spanish either considering they are the defending European champions but after the disastrous FIFA World Cup campaign they had in 2014 in Brazil you can expect them to bounce back but then there are the French who are playing in their own backyard as hosts so for me it has got to be Germany or France

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Too many painful scars of watching England fail in major tournaments prevents me from suggesting we have a realistic chance of winning the tournament even in jest. The winners will be from Germany, France or Spain, we might make it to a semi and I guess we shouldn't expect any better. I fear England's path will be all too predictable, so much so I've drawn up an England Bingo Card to keep me interested as our inevitable demise comes to pass (no, I didn't rip this off the internet, it is an original Pickle ). Cross off each square as you hear them during commentary or punditry...

Maybe this should be in the Rooney Watch section? Anyhoo, I'll gladly accept any suggestions for likely phrases that pundits or commentators might make that beat mine (there are plenty of blank squares!) so don't be shy. I'll put in the best ones.
    'and once again England fall to a defeat on Penalties'

'Its has of course been 50 years since the summer of 66............'

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus

'and once again England fall to a defeat on Penalties'

'Its has of course been 50 years since the summer of 66............'
    Yeah, I thought about the penalties one, but then I thought or surely not again???? On the other hand, it is England so OK Seamus I'll put it in!
    Your second suggestion is making me feel old, but you are right, it has to pop up at least once. 50 years of hurt and all that...

Roy on the 10th of July?

We can dream!