Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 Top Scorer

Euro 2016 Top Scorer

The Golden Boot is the perfect way to propel yourself to international stardom and with more teams than ever before we can expect more goals than ever before.

high scoring individuals are pretty well spread out amongst the teams and so there is plenty of potential for one of the less traditionally successful teams to provide us with the tournaments top scorer.

Lewandowski, Bale, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic and others will be looking to make their mark for nations generally not tipped to go all the way. could it be one of those famous names or perhaps a new kid on the block will make his mark?

Re: Euro 2016 Top Scorer

As Germany are the favourites and expected to win it i would imagine that Thomas Muller will score quite a few goals along the way and will probably end as top scorer.

I see it being a Frenchman who wins the Golden Boot...but as for who it ends up being? I see it being Griezmann or Pogba winning the Golden Boot

Quote Originally Posted by TGAA_Star
    I see it being a Frenchman who wins the Golden Boot...but as for who it ends up being? I see it being Griezmann or Pogba winning the Golden Boot
    Yeah i should imagine Griezmann will be up there.

it could well be that a few group game dominations will be enough to clinch the top scorer before the knockouts even begin.

THMOAS MULLER @ 8/1

Harry KANE @ 16/1
    Cristiano Ronaldo @ 17/2 for the each way bets.

Notable mention for Robert Lewandowski. No idea if Poland will make it, but he's a bloody good striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipster

Notable mention for Robert Lewandowski. No idea if Poland will make it, but he's a bloody good striker.
    He has Northern Ireland up first and so you'd have to bank on him getting a hat trick in this game to start him off quickly given that it is unlikely his team will progress very far into the latter stages.

Robert Lewandowski has to be up there but I think either Griezmann or Pogba will win the Golden Boot for most goals at the tournament

I think Muller for sure ,he has the better team chemistry surrounding him ! Ronaldo will no doubt do his absolute best to bang in a boatload against minnows ,knowing full well his personal tally will wain against the better teams . I don't think England can afford to pump the ball to one player in particular ,if they do they will fall short of my expectation that's for sure. France won't put anyone up there for me and Lewandowski will have his work cut out because of the lack of talent around him to help get him any more than 4 or 5.
    So i'm picking Muller with Ronaldo close by .

Oliver Giroud is now the favourite to finish as top scorer.
    With France having quite an easy group he should be able to bang in quite a few in the early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipster

He has Northern Ireland up first and so you'd have to bank on him getting a hat trick in this game to start him off quickly given that it is unlikely his team will progress very far into the latter stages.
    With some good astrology they can do. I have no idea of theirs. I do know Northern Ireland's and it's pretty good. Should at least draw, though have to account for a much weaker team on paper against a 'their players play for some top European clubs' Polish team. Those Irish and Scottish sure can add 'spirit' to their locker. Everyone loves them.