Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Final-Crystal Palace v Man Utd-21st May

FA Cup Final-Crystal Palace v Man Utd-21st May

Crystal Palace will take on Man Utd at Wembley in a repeat of the 1990 final some 26 years ago.

Could there be an upset or will the favourites Utd win it for the first time since 2004 which is a long time!

Re: FA Cup Final-Crystal Palace v Man Utd-21st May

Have been waiting a long time for an FA Cup win and this has to be our best chance in a long time. There is obviously a chance of an upset, the romance of the cup and all that. League form goes out of the window for the cup final but we should win this one.

This FA Cup final has gripped the nation on a par not seen since Royal Engineers beat Old Etonians in 1875. Two moribund teams heading nowhere with "dead man walking" managers about to slug it out at the National Stadium for the chance to play in Europe on a Thursday & play all your league games at strange times on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Way House
    This FA Cup final has gripped the nation on a par not seen since Royal Engineers beat Old Etonians in 1875. Two moribund teams heading nowhere with "dead man walking" managers about to slug it out at the National Stadium for the chance to play in Europe on a Thursday & play all your league games at strange times on a Sunday.
    A tad cynical Half Way?

The cup has far more significance for Palace than the team in red, it will be the first significant piece of silverware in their history. For Man United it represents another trinket and possibly another season at the helm for LVG. The jury is out on Louis big time, this season has to be seen as a disappointment for Man United even if they win the cup, so I suspect most ABUs will be quite happy to see him get another season in charge.
    I say come on Palace, I enjoy seeing the underdog prevail (unless it's against Spurs of course!), however their form has bombed since December so I have to go with the bookie's favourites.

Crystal Palace 1 Man United 2
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Way House
    A tad cynical Half Way?

The cup has far more significance for Palace than the team in red, it will be the first significant piece of silverware in their history. For Man United it represents another trinket and possibly another season at the helm for LVG. The jury is out on Louis big time, this season has to be seen as a disappointment for Man United even if they win the cup, so I suspect most ABUs will be quite happy to see him get another season in charge.
    I say come on Palace, I enjoy seeing the underdog prevail (unless it's against Spurs of course!), however their form has bombed since December so I have to go with the bookie's favourites.

Crystal Palace 1 Man United 2
    Its more than just a trinket!. I have been waiting 12 years to see us win the cup again!. As for LVG he needs to go. 4th place is the minimum, he failed even after spending about £400 Million on a total rehaul of the team.

West Ham can still qualify for the Europa if Man Utd win the FA Cup so come on the Mancs!

Lets hope they aren't late for today's final

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    West Ham can still qualify for the Europa if Man Utd win the FA Cup so come on the Mancs!

Lets hope they aren't late for today's final
    Back it up, Hams. I know it might not be seen as good from a team's perspective, schedules and all. It might take its toll on the overall performance and position in the league, but i still would very much love for the Hammmers to get to Europa group stage and possibly to the spring stages when everything interesting is just starting for real. Come on you Red Devils!

Teams

Crystal Palace
    Hennessey,Delaney,Dann,Ward,Souaré,Cabaye,Jedinak, McArthur,Bolasie,Zaha,Wickham

Subs-Speroni,Mariappa,Gayle,Adebayor,Sako,Kelly,Puncheo n

Man Utd
    De Gea,Rojo,Smalling,Carrick ,Valencia,Fellaini,Mata,Blind,Rooney,Martial,Rashf ord

Subs-Jones,Young,Romero,Ander Herrera,Schneiderlin,Lingard,Darmian

Depay was left out of squad by LVG

HT

Palace 0-0 Man Utd

2 poor decisions by ref in 1st half in not letting Palace continue with attacks and blowing for free kicks.
    What happened to giving attacking team the advantage?

Pardew ,what a grade 1 pr!ck! Makes sure the camera is on him and does that stupid dance, typical of the bloke!