Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Final-Crystal Palace v Man Utd-21st May

Re: FA Cup Final-Crystal Palace v Man Utd-21st May

tell you what ,that winner from Lingard was absolutely brilliant ,the reaction speed of him to get that shot off with that technique with the ball coming at him at that speed was that of incredible ability .
    One of the best FA cup goals in recent times for sure .
    West Ham in Europe then like i predicted

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    West Ham in Europe then like i predicted
    thank you, specnur. and THANK YOU MU

FT

Crystal Palace 1-2 Man Utd
    1-0 Puncheon 78'
    1-1 Mata 81'
    1-2 Lingard 110'

Man Utd win FA Cup for first time since 2004 and qualify for the Europa plus also give West Ham a place in Europe so thanks to the Mancs!
    Smalling was sent off in extra time to become 4th player to ever be dismissed in a final.
    It looks like Alan Pardew's bad luck in finals is set to continue but Palace can consider themselves unlucky with some of the referees decisions.

GET IN!!!!!!

Finally won it again!. The game got better as it went on and needed that goal by Palace to spark it into life. United had so much possession just didn't create enough chances to get the lead. Cracking goal to win it. When Smalling got sent off my mind did flash back to 1985 when United beat Everton with 10 men thanks to a wonder goal in extra-time!.

Got to give credit to the Palace fans really rose to the occasion to make it feel like a home game for them.

Man United - F.A Cup winners 2016!

Unlucky Palace, though I thought Man United just about did enough to deserve the win. Just another trinket for the Mancs Seamus, if it was more than that they'd have given Louis another season!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Unlucky Palace, though I thought Man United just about did enough to deserve the win. Just another trinket for the Mancs Seamus, if it was more than that they'd have given Louis another season!
    All managers are judged on league results and United failing to make the top 4 is a huge financial hit, but winning the cup is great especially after 2 trophyless seasons and a gap of 12 years.

The pre match "entertainment" was awful.
    why they thought hiring British rapper Tinie Tempah was a good idea I will never know!

Also the girl singing the national anthem missed her cue and had to join in with God save the queen in the second verse.

Can we just have the traditional abide with me next time please before the game and maybe the hot Katherine Jenkins singing the anthem?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    The pre match "entertainment" was awful.
    why they thought hiring British rapper Tinie Tempah was a good idea I will never know!

Also the girl singing the national anthem missed her cue and had to join in with God save the queen in the second verse.

Can we just have the traditional abide with me next time please before the game and maybe the hot Katherine Jenkins singing the anthem?
    I did see him coming onto the pitch and I was hoping that he was going to sing the national anthem - y'know modernising and all that?.

I hate our national anthem, for the sentiments it expresses and because it is such a tuneless dirge. Scotland and Wales kick our arse when it comes to spine tingling anthems. I'd like Rule Britainnia to be our national anthem (for events where Britain as a whole is represented), and for England "Swords of a Thousand Men" by TenpoleTudor (one for the teenagers ).

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    I hate our national anthem, for the sentiments it expresses and because it is such a tuneless dirge. Scotland and Wales kick our arse when it comes to spine tingling anthems. I'd like Rule Britainnia to be our national anthem (for events where Britain as a whole is represented), and for England "Swords of a Thousand Men" by TenpoleTudor (one for the teenagers ).
    turn it in ffs!

although I do quite like that Tenpole Tudor song to be fair. would make for a quite hilarious sight seeing the England players line up singing along to it
    Nah, I've thought it through, they could be holding symbolic swords in one hand and the severed head of a French man in the other while they sing it (not a real head, I don't want to be accused of racism), I think it'd be awesome. It would kick the New Zealand Haka into touch!