Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League Final-Liverpool v Sevilla-18th May

Europa League Final-Liverpool v Sevilla-18th May

Liverpool take on Sevilla in the final in Basle ,Switzerland.

Can the Spanish side win the competition for a 3rd time in a row or will the Reds do it and qualify for the CL?

Re: Europa League Final-Liverpool v Sevilla-18th May

BT Sport have just announced that you can watch the final for free on their youtube channel on May 18th.
    Which can be found here

Good luck to Liverpool in tonight's final.

My 2 sons have travelled to this final & are staying just down the road in Rheinfelds, which is a bit cheaper by all accounts. They have been really keen on this competition all season & went to a couple of the away games as well as all the home ties, whereas I have been rather blasé about the whole Europa League. As far as I was concerned it was a waste of space & just buggered up the fixtures making you play league games on Sundays. However now as its the final I am fully behind the competition, especially after the last 3 home ties Liverpool played, & tonight I will be glued in front of the TV screaming for Liverpool to win.

In order to get into the ambiance I've got a fridge full of beer to drink ((along with a bottle of champagne if we win?), a selection tapas dishes (in honour of our opponents) & several huge bars of Swiss chocolates for the wife & daughter to nibble at during the game. Must admit I am not too concerned about the result just so long as put on a good show & everyone enjoys themselves. I know I will!

COME ON YOU REDS

Teams

Liverpool
    Mignolet,Touré,Lovren,Clyne,Alberto Moreno,Milner,Lallana,Coutinho,Can,Sturridge,Firmi no

Subs-Benteke,Henderson,Lucas,Allen,Origi,Škrtel,Ward

Sevilla
    David Soria,Rami,Mariano,Coke,Sergio Escudero,Banega,Daniel Carriço ,N'Zonzi,Krychowiak,Vitolo,Gameiro

Subs-Sergio Rico,Kolodziejczak,Iborra,Cristóforo,Pareja,Konopl yanka,Llorente

HT

Liverpool 1-0 Sevilla

What a finish from Sturridge and with the outside of his foot also!

Yeah, good game, Sevilla started very strong in that first half, but Liverpool have come right back into it. The next goal will be crucial.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Its now 3-1 to Sevilla and i would say game over with 20 mins left. The Spanish side have been brilliant in the 2nd half.

Sad nap.

Tales of two halves this game Liverpool bossing the 1st Villareal the second.
    What a finish form Sturridge ,one of the best goals i have seen this year ,and that is coming form someone who can't stand the bloke.
    I can't help but to wonder what might have been if the ref would have called at least 2 of the 3 hand balls in Liverpool's favour !
    But second half the Spanish side were just superior with their technique and it showed .
    I really do think Spanish teams want this tournament more than English teams,that's not to say Liverpool didn't want to win ,be cause it was obvious they did.But Villareal wanted it more and were willing to do anything in order to get be it handballs ,asking for cards or diving and feigning injury .Our teams will always be at a disadvantage with our honesty and i think we have to play the game like they do. The sigh test bit of contact from behind go down , slightest tap on your ankle roll around like your foot is hanging off ,there is no question i would be telling my players to do that .

Better team won.