Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton sacked Roberto Martinez/Koeman In

Everton sacked Roberto Martinez/Koeman In

Breaking news just in that Everton have sacked Roberto Martinez.
    Did he deserve to be fired?

I remember the Toffees did well during his 1st season in charge but the last 2 years have only been average at best.

This is the best squad they have ever had and they should surely be doing much better?

Re: Everton have sacked Roberto Martinez.

Moyes return?

Heavy rumors around De Boer.

Yeah, Frank De Boer has just quit as the coach of Ajax so it could be that he has already been lined up by Everton

Jose Mourinho is also available and possibly Rafael Benitez plus Manuel Pellegrini and even LVG could be in the running!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    I'd be hugely concerned if they got De Boer. he's a man I like.
    He's left Ajax, so he's definitely available.

Everton, with the amount of academy players they have, may be an ideal structure for him to work with considering constraints involved financially (though can't really say any PL team is financially constrained in a vacuum.)

He's been living on borrowed time, let's face it, this thing was not a shock. Everton have done well to recover themselves from a club that was practically broke, to one that is capable of attracting a decent manager like De Boer, Benitez (surely not??), Koeman, or maybe somebody like Nigel Pearson (I think he might be a good fit for a team like Everton). I suspect they'll get a good one whoever that might be, laughable suggestions like LVG or Brendan Rogers are not going to happen!

As for Bob, his reputation as a PL manager is now shot, I expect he'll go fishing in the Spanish leagues for his next job. Easy to say with hindsight, but maybe he should have recruited somebody to help him with his Achille's heel - defence. Learn to delegate Bob!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

If Mourinho goes to United, could this be a way for Giggs to get some experience in a hot seat?

It now looks like Mark Hughes and Ronald Koeman are in the running also.

If i was the Dutchman i would stay at Southampton and build on the success of the last 2 seasons.

Leslie Mark Hughes which is his real name played one season for Everton in 2000 scoring 1 goal in 18 apps according to Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    If Mourinho goes to United, could this be a way for Giggs to get some experience in a hot seat?
    that would be hilarious. please let that happen.

or how about Brendan Rodgers once again taking over from Martinez and stepping up to the School of Science?
    I don't think Everton would be worthy of being under the Brendan Rodgers School of Character!

He (Brodge) been linked back to Swansea and West Brom... Which means Pulis may be available... good lord, if he goes to Everton, RIP LFC knees and ankles.

The big rumour on Merseyside is that Everton are going for a big time manager who can take the club forward to the next level & significant funds will be available to achieve that aim.

The more cynical Bluenoses take this to mean that Unsworth will get the job & there will be new towels in the changing room.