Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everton sacked Roberto Martinez/Koeman In

Re: Everton have sacked Roberto Martinez.

It now looks like Mark Hughes and Ronald Koeman are in the running also.

If i was the Dutchman i would stay at Southampton and build on the success of the last 2 seasons.

yeah, i can't see there is much point to Koeman jumping ship for Everton. if/when he leaves it has to be for a clear step up and, however much they might argue the case, Everton simply aren't a clear step up at this moment in time.

Mark Hughes would be a funny one. didnt he play for them for a brief period or have i just made that up?

Leslie Mark Hughes which is his real name played one season for Everton in 2000 scoring 1 goal in 18 apps according to Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtz
    If Mourinho goes to United, could this be a way for Giggs to get some experience in a hot seat?
    that would be hilarious. please let that happen.

or how about Brendan Rodgers once again taking over from Martinez and stepping up to the School of Science?
    I don't think Everton would be worthy of being under the Brendan Rodgers School of Character!

He (Brodge) been linked back to Swansea and West Brom... Which means Pulis may be available... good lord, if he goes to Everton, RIP LFC knees and ankles.

The big rumour on Merseyside is that Everton are going for a big time manager who can take the club forward to the next level & significant funds will be available to achieve that aim.

The more cynical Bluenoses take this to mean that Unsworth will get the job & there will be new towels in the changing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Way House
    The big rumour on Merseyside is that Everton are going for a big time manager who can take the club forward to the next level & significant funds will be available to achieve that aim.

The more cynical Bluenoses take this to mean that Unsworth will get the job & there will be new towels in the changing room.
    the trouble is, for Everton the next level is top half. ,

Hard to believe that Ronald Koeman would dump Southanpton who he led to 6th place in the PL
    which was their highest position for 30 years for Everton who didn't even finish in the top half of the table this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Hard to believe that Ronald Koeman would dump Southanpton who he led to 6th place in the PL
    which was their highest position for 30 years for Everton who didn't even finish in the top half of the table this season!
    Usmanov bought the 50% share of Red & White Holdings Ltd from Moshri who then invested into Everton. Meaning Moshri has some billions to pump into Everton to make them a success.

Moshri clearly sees Koeman as the man to take Everton forward and Koeman will know he'll have a big transfer kitty he wouldn't have got at Southampton.

Yep, Koeman is a very good appointment for Everton, Southampton seems to have become a "feeder" club for clubs too lazy to develop their own manager/players...
    Everton is a hell of a challenge though, if he gets them into top six next season (given the intense competition), I'll doff my cap to an excellent manager.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

I don't think Everton have appointed Koeman just yet Pickles but they are in advanced talks according to the latest reports.
    PS - Have you done Tottenham's end of season report yet?