Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Rule Britannia

  1. #1

    Rule Britannia

    with the entire British Isles being represented (except of course for those unfortunates North of the border), it presents an intriguing opportunity to see the nation in sporting unity. Obviously England v Wales will split the Isle but I think everybody would be content (if not happy) with both sides progressing from the group.

    the great underdog story is one everybody loves and who wouldn't want to see Northern Ireland stamp their mark on the tournament? a very tough group for them but their spirit is always a formidable foe. considering many of their born and bred players defect to the Republic, this tiny nation competing with the WOrld Champions at a major international tournament will be a landmark occasion.

    I, for one, will be championing the cause of all our British comrades in this march on Europe. and I urge you all to do the same whatever your heritage and allegiance.

    Best of British to you all.

    (and DOWN WITH EIRE!!!)

  2. #2

    Re: Rule Britannia

    I support all the British teams as well on this occasion . I wish them all the best of luck and as for them Northern Ireland fans ,they have to be the best in the world in terms of following their team.

  3. #3

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    .......and as for them Northern Ireland fans ,they have to be the best in the world in terms of following their team.
    Haha.

    They haven't followed their team in a major competition in 30 years....

    How have you measured that one?

  4. #4

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Being honest, a plague on the house of every other British team in the tournament, if England can't win it I'd rather have Germany come out on top than the frigging Taffs or Northern Irish. My Irish heritage means I wouldn't object to the ROI having a good tournament, but basically I'm an England fan, not a football fan.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

  5. #5

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    .......and as for them Northern Ireland fans ,they have to be the best in the world in terms of following their team.
    Haha.

    They haven't followed their team in a major competition in 30 years....

    How have you measured that one?
    Who said anything about "major competition" ?

  6. #6

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Being honest, a plague on the house of every other British team in the tournament, if England can't win it I'd rather have Germany come out on top than the frigging Taffs or Northern Irish. My Irish heritage means I wouldn't object to the ROI having a good tournament, but basically I'm an England fan, not a football fan.


    obviously they are not going to win the tournament ffs! however we can surely lend the Best of British support to our British brethren?

    without the bitter jocks stinking up the tournament, it could be a fantastic, but rare, unifying moment for our country in which we all wish each other well.

  7. #7

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    .......and as for them Northern Ireland fans ,they have to be the best in the world in terms of following their team.
    Haha.

    They haven't followed their team in a major competition in 30 years....

    How have you measured that one?
    Who said anything about "major competition" ?
    Oh... best in the World at following their country in friendlies then?

    OK mate, whatever you say.

  8. #8

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerkings
    .......and as for them Northern Ireland fans ,they have to be the best in the world in terms of following their team.
    Haha.

    They haven't followed their team in a major competition in 30 years....

    How have you measured that one?[/quote]

    Who said anything about "major competition" ?[/quote]

    Oh... best in the World at following their country in friendlies then?

    OK mate, whatever you say.[/quote]


    If they are showing that much support outside of major competitions , do you actually believe they will take less support once in them?

  9. #9

    Re: Rule Britannia

    See, now you got me feeling sorry for you.

    I'm sure they will have a good support during the Euros mate.

  10. #10

    Re: Rule Britannia

    Absolutely cracking stuff from all concerned.

    the United Kingdom complete a hat trick into the next round and the British Isles make it 4 out of 4 with the uncolonised paddies completing the rout.

    how miserable must the jocks be feeling right now?

    massive congratulations to all and at least we're guaranteed at least one UK participant in the quarter final, although it would have been nice for us all to avoid each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •