Other Premier League Fixtures-2016/17

August 13th

Bournemouth v Manchester United
    Burnley v Swansea City
    Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion
    Middlesbrough v Stoke City
    Southampton v Watford

Re: PL Opening Fixtures-2016/17

My eyes were drawn to November, a tricky month for Spurs with Arsenal (a), West Ham (h), Chelsea (a). If we are top of the league by Christmas we'll have earned it!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Arsenal have a pretty tough start and finish to the season! I just hope we can win the games in the middle of the season we are supposed to. Build a big lead and hold on for dear life at the end

The new season is a month away - getting excited yet after that poor excuse for a European Championships?. Will it be as unpredictable as last year with so many new managers?.

i was fighting bouts of depression a week ago with no football. Now the light is growing at the end of the tunnel and the black cloud has started to dissipate for the premiership logo to peak through like the rising sun!
    What a season this is going to be and i really don't think it's been harped on enough. Just when you think the season previous was full of drama ,this season can't be anything but full of story lines week in and week out. Pep has finally grown a pair and decided to really see how good a manger he is in the minefield that is English football .His addition for me has made it season i cannot miss and he will make the league better without question. He is going to great for the development of our game i have no doubt because technical quality will not be just from Wenger ,but from his team down the road .
    I will be proven right this season in my prediction that Pep will find it very difficult to qualify for champions league in working in out of league ,and i think he many have been better off cleaning house at man city and sacrificing this season for developmental purposes for next season. But he's taken a regular route that i think will have him losing more hair than he already has.
    All in all what a season this will be . Gutted i will be working in Madrid for the Arsenal v Liverpool game !

Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    i was fighting bouts of depression a week ago with no football. Now the light is growing at the end of the tunnel and the black cloud has started to dissipate for the premiership logo to peak through like the rising sun!
    What a season this is going to be and i really don't think it's been harped on enough. Just when you think the season previous was full of drama ,this season can't be anything but full of story lines week in and week out. Pep has finally grown a pair and decided to really see how good a manger he is in the minefield that is English football .His addition for me has made it season i cannot miss and he will make the league better without question. He is going to great for the development of our game i have no doubt because technical quality will not be just from Wenger ,but from his team down the road .
    I will be proven right this season in my prediction that Pep will find it very difficult to qualify for champions league in working in out of league ,and i think he many have been better off cleaning house at man city and sacrificing this season for developmental purposes for next season. But he's taken a regular route that i think will have him losing more hair than he already has.
    All in all what a season this will be . Gutted i will be working in Madrid for the Arsenal v Liverpool game !
    Yeah, totally agree, this is the most unpredictable season I can remember, there are so many closely matched teams we could be in for another "shock" winner again. There are at least seven teams you wouldn't be surprised by if they end up top four, which means there is almost certainly going to be some managerial casualties in the big clubs by the end of the season. Just hope it isn't Tottenham!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Well i predicted Spurs to be in the top four because of how the have maintained what they had last season manager and team . A friend said he thinks Spurs could be out of the top four for other reasons like teams buying players . I think the consistency Spurs will have will be a big help when those abutting teams are getting used to playing together with new managers and new systems.
    It's going to be a bloodbath that we will all enjoy incredibly at times.

Re: Other Premier League Fixtures-2016/17

Paul Pogba is banned for Man Utd's opening match at Bournemouth as he was booked in the Italian cup final and the suspension has to carry on into the PL!

Sat 13/08/16
    Burnley 0 - 1 Swansea City
    Crystal Palace 0 - 1 West Bromwich
    Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Stoke City
    Southampton 1 - 1 Watford

FT

Bournemouth 1-3 Man Utd
    0-1 Mata 40'
    0-2 Rooney 59'
    0-3 Ibrahimovic 64'
    1-3 Smith 69'

I haven't seen the highlights yet but it sounds like this was a comfortable win for Man Utd.