Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Slovakia v England-20th June-Kick Off-8pm

Slovakia v England-20th June-Kick Off-8pm

A victory for England against Slovakia in Saint Etienne would win us the group and hand us an easier opponent in last 16.
    The opposition have 2 very decent players in Hamsik and Weiss so it wont be easy.
    Should as has already been discussed in the forum before Roy Hodgson drop the likes of Sterling Kane and Alli who have all struggled?
    Even Joe Hart's position is in danger as he has been part responsible for both goals we conceded.
    Who should replace them?

Re: Slovakia v England-20th June-Kick Off-8pm

Latest news is that there is going to be 6 changes by Roy Hodgson for this match against Slovakia!

Clyne and Bertrand are in for Rose and Walker, Rooney is being rested, Wilshere and Henderson both start, Sturridge and Vardy replace Kane.

Good to see Clyne getting a game , we won't miss a step with him in defensively better i reckon. Should be good to See how Henderson performs.
    I personally wouldn't rest anyone unless it was needed ,i would go out and try and batter Slovakia for the sole reason of having a psychological impact on our next opponent. But i guess Hodgson has to see how these other guys perform in case of injury.
    I think we could still give Slovakia a pretty good beating today ,i'm looking at 3-1 England.

Surprised at quite so many changes, I was really expecting Roy to keep things pretty much the same as the second half against Wales with Vardy and Sturridge leading the line. It will be hard for Hodgson detractors to claim he is too conservative and lacks imagination, I think it is a bit of a gamble to make so many changes in what in no gimme of a game. I'll going for an England win nonetheless, another tight one - Slovakia 1 England 2.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Teams

Slovakia
    23 M. Kozá?ik
    3 M. Škrtel
    15 T. Hubo?an
    2 P. Pekarík
    4 J. ?urica
    17 M. Hamšík
    19 J. Kucka
    22 V. Pe?ovský
    8 O. Duda
    7 V. Weiss
    20 R. Mak

England
    1 J. Hart
    5 G. Cahill
    21 R. Bertrand
    12 N. Clyne
    6 C. Smalling
    17 E. Dier
    8 A. Lallana
    14 J. Henderson
    18 J. Wilshere
    15 D. Sturridge
    11 J. Vardy

If England win we will win the group and possibly play Albania,Northern Ireland or Czech Republic in last 16 in Paris.

HT

Slovakia 0-0 England

England dominated but were unable to break through Slovakia's defence

With Wales winning 2-0 against Russia a draw is no good for the 3 Lions or the Dragons will win the group.

FT

Slovakia 0-0 England

What a load of rubbish

For a 2nd time in the group stages England fail to break down the opposition despite dominating and having several chances.

We may have had more possession but i thought we were very poor.

The 3 Lions will now have to play 2nd in Group F which knowing our luck could well end up being Portugal who have a history of beating us in the Euros

I haven't been impressed with any of our displays against Russia,Wales or Slovakia or am i being too critical?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    I haven't been impressed with any of our displays against Russia,Wales or Slovakia or am i being too critical?
    yes and no... I think England might have a bright future ahead, with this kind of football they are playing right now.. but it is way to early for now..
    I think England did pretty good except that they didn't convert their good performance into goals in these games...
    but they are nothing near the team specnur wants them to be..
    I think surviving 1 or 2 rounds of the knock out stages is a huge success for this team.. and next tournament they'll reach the semi final or even the final if young talents keep coming

My glass is half full, disappointed that we didn't convert all that possession into a goal or two, but we've qualified so let's celebrate that much. I'm not going to be drawn into a Tabloid stylee assassination of Hodgson as though he is a clueless nincompoop, we totally dominated Slovakia but they defended extremely well, it happens in football.
    TBH I didn't think scoring would be an issue for this team, but our attacking players are just a few inches away from their best in the PL. I had to check to see if I had missed Vardy being subbed in the second half, so few were his touches. Kane and Sturridge were both not at the races either. Wilshire a mixed bag, Rooney solid but not threatening, Alli still short of his best form last season. However, as we all know, one of those players score and the game can suddenly change. I'm not despondent, a "slow burn" for us is probably a good thing, if we had won 3-0 the press would have been screaming we are nailed on for the trophy, this way we stay grounded. The nature of the beast for a striker is that you can go on a barren run but then the goals can start flowing and you score for fun. I still fancy Kane, Sturridge or Vardy to come to the party, cheer up Hams we've qualified!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Glad Wilshere got some game time even if he was dreadful. Our record over the last three tournaments shows how good we are, we've had plenty of opportunities to put some away against weaker opposition and how often have we done that? When was the last time we scored more than 2 goals at an international competition? Whether that's down to Roy or a lack of genuine quality is the discussion, both probably but the end result is the same.

We're average lads, accept it.