Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern Ireland v Germany-21st June-Kick Off-5pm

Northern Ireland v Germany-21st June-Kick Off-5pm

Northern Ireland beat Ukraine 2-0 in their last match for their first ever win in the Euros
    and are close to qualifying for the last 16 while Germany could only draw 0-0 with Poland in a disappointing display
    Will the Germans improve today or can the Irish hold out?

Re: Northern Ireland v Germany-21st June-Kick Off-5pm

As much as I'd love Northern Ireland to get something from the game I can't see them having quite enough for the efficient Germans, so I'm going with a 1-2 win for Deutschland.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Teams

N.Ireland
    1 M. McGovern
    18 A. Hughes
    4 G. McAuley
    5 J. Evans
    20 C. Cathcart
    8 S. Davis
    13 C. Evans
    16 O. Norwood
    14 S. Dallas
    19 J. Ward
    11 C. Washington

Germany
    1 M. Neuer
    17 J. Boateng
    5 M. Hummels
    3 J. Hector
    8 M. Özil
    6 S. Khedira
    18 T. Kroos
    19 M. Götze
    21 J. Kimmich
    23 M. Gómez
    13 T. Müller

I'm expecting an absolute battering by Germany. NI are about the most ordinary team at this tournament by far ,but if they get a point out of this one i will have to give them a massive amount of respect . However if they do get a point it will only justify my claim of how overrated the German side are.

Holy shit.. that's what I want to see from Germany .. they looked absolutely stunning this match and should have won by like 6 goals
    ..it was a way better line up that Loew finally picked..

Mario Gomez at the front and Goetze in a midfielder! I really hope this false 9 bullshit is now over! Goetze and Muller had an awesome game!

I also liked what Kimmich did as their right back.. he looked way better than Hoewedes who played the last two games.. it was an amazing game by him..

I'm really relieved to see them playing so good finally.. even if they bottled it to score more than only one goal .. this Germany must have looked very terrifying

Well against a very ordinary NI side Germany did what they ere supposed to do . But there is a distinct difference between missing chances and getting countered by that team tonight than say against an England side who they will never catch on the break . I think this is one of the weakest German sides in a long time and nothing tonight changed that for me . Predictable game but i thought Germany would spank this team by at least 3 goals . I would actually be interested in knowing how many of that NI team play in the premiership ?

FT

Northern Ireland 0-1 Germany
    0-1 Gomez 29'

The Irish keeper McGovern was man of the match and made several good saves or Germany would have scored 5 or 6 times.
    Ozil had his best game so far.

Ireland will have to wait to see if they qualify as one of the 3rd best placed teams for last 16.

Well happy days, NI go through to the final 16 thanks to Turkey! Excellent, scraping though as best loser in true underdog style.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Oh did i mention Irish fans ,best on then planet!!!!!!
    An hour later they were in that stadium singing their hearts out !
    If i'm a player ,that would have me jumping over crossbars for the win .
    You just got to love that dedication and loyalty.

yup! brilliant fans!