Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: R16-England v Iceland-27th June-Kick Off-8pm

Re: R16-England v Iceland-27th June-Kick Off-8pm

Quote Originally Posted by Pickleman1967
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc
    Spurs'd it.
    Surely not, there is some crazy internet chatter that Jack "Midfield General" Wilshire came on in the second half, though that can't be right because I never heard his name in the second half right?

Awful, awful display, it couldn't be worse. Not a player on the park I'd give a 5/10 for, embarrassing stuff, the football gods vomit in my kettle once again. Hodgson will go, so we start yet another rebuild with another manager...
    Seriously though, Jack created 3 or 4 chances when he came on and he's clearly completely unfit.

I'm not trolling you, having 5 players from one of the biggest bottle jobs the Premier League has ever seen has lead to unsurprising results - obviously it wasn't just the Spurs players, but the act of Spursing it is free to all and any to enact, Rooney, Sterling and Sturridge were all dreadful too.

Ian Wright says we've tried foreign managers and they've done nothing for us. Little England.

tell you what it just about sums us right up ,sing and shout how your proud to be English and you sit on your f@cking hands the entire game. Get out sang by a fans with half the amount you have and get beat by a team that doesn't even have a professional league ffs!
    You are indeed an embarrassment, hook line and sinker.
    How Hodgson had that resignation written up in advance for this game is outrageous to me.
    He brings Rashford on 5 minutes to go ,that is a sackable offense in itself .
    Clyne is our number one choice left back no doubt about it ,he would have ragged that team down that wing all game long and give us some width.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    Well deserved win for Iceland.. they looked very dangerous upfront and defended with all of their hearts..
    it was an embarrassing performance by some english players tho... especially from Rooney...

I still think this english team might have some future.. today will be a good lesson for some of the younger players and hopefully they will grow with that experience..

but I can't wait what specnur has to say.. he was already counting the days until England would lift the trophy... he got proven so wrong this tournament, I'm really excited to hear his excuses..

I quoted this just for specnur in hope he doesn't overread this

The whole lot of them are a fecking disgrace

The FA,manager,his coaches and the players are not fit to wear the shirt.

I agree with the previous comments about Joe Hart that he is not a good keeper and his England career should be over.

I don't think our next manager has to be English and i would like to see Rafael Benitez given the job.

All our players should hang their heads in fecking shame when they return and i hope they are booed at every PL stadium up and down the country.

England in bottling major tournament shocker.. always an endless source of amusement every two years

Didn't get up for the game but I don't see what difference playing Sterling or Wilshire or whoever should make, they're all seasoned Premier League players playing against a squad of players scattered across the lower leagues of Europe.

A great result for Iceland and finally a memorable moment from this tournament, I can't imagine what it must be like to be Icelandic today, the whole country must be in dreamland

Well deserved win for Iceland.. they looked very dangerous upfront and defended with all of their hearts..
    it was an embarrassing performance by some english players tho... especially from Rooney...

I still think this english team might have some future.. today will be a good lesson for some of the younger players and hopefully they will grow with that experience..

but I can't wait what specnur has to say.. he was already counting the days until England would lift the trophy... he got proven so wrong this tournament, I'm really excited to hear his excuses..

I quoted this just for specnur in hope he doesn't overread this
    Quote Originally Posted by specnur
    Well this is another case of us playing the right players and if those players play up to their ability.
    like said throughout this tournament the manager has me nervous and he proved me right today without question.
    Should have started Clyne who is better attacking and defensively than Walker ,should have taken Kane off the pitch let alone set piece duty ,Should have brought Rashford on 20 minutes earlier. He plays the right players it wouldn't have been easy by no means because Iceland's has great mental focus and discipline ,but they could never contain Clyne down that wing or Rashford down the other ,simple as that.

I echoed the Rafa for manager comment to my mate after the game when that list got put up on the screen . I just think he is so emerged in the English game that he would do a decent job ,at least better than this clown. AT least Benitez has won something that the player will respect ,asking them to respect a manager who has won nothing is a tall order indeed. Southgate just will never commend the respect 1) because he hasn't won anything and 2) because his personality contradicts that type of response from players with so much ego.
    Typical Shearer blaming too many foreigners for our plight tonight ,fitting right into the current climate on the street .Complete and utter failure to look at your own shortcomings . I'd like Howe but he's in the same boat. And i'd like to ask the person who put Pardew on that list what he was smoking.
    This loss hurts a lot ,like getting knocked out of the world cup in spout Africa ,because we had the players to have decent showing and you get knocked out by the least expected team in the tournament ffs! I don't only blame the manager ,but the environment that created him ,you deserve to lose drudging up bloke like this time after time just because he's English.

I'd like to see Pochettino get the job, if he can make that shite get to third he must be amazing.

ok let's sum up specnur...

England 1-1 Russia (England did okay in that game and were the better team, but then again it's only Russia)
    Wales 1-2 England (England started poorly, but improved in the second half and scraped the victory last minute)
    Slovakia 0-0 England (England did okay but wasn't able to score any goal)
    England 1-2 Iceland (England got outplayed by a better team)

.. so England only played one game without conceding any goal, but didn't score either in that game..
    .. there was no big name among the teams they faced and still they weren't able to achieve a positive goal difference over these games..

and yet you defend your prediction, that this England would have been able to win the title, because Hodgson did not play the right players up to their ability???

I agree up to a point that some of the english players have more potential than they could show this tournament, but as I predicted -> their time hasn't come yet..
    after all I think England came as far as I thought they deserved, even if they faced some easier opponents this time around..