Thread: R16-France v Rep of Ireland-26th June-Kick Off-2pm

R16-France v Rep of Ireland-26th June-Kick Off-2pm

France won their group but only thanks to Payet while Ireland went through in 3rd after beating Italy 1-0 in last match
    Will Irish get revenge for Henry's hand ball?

Re: R16-France v Rep of Ireland-26th June-Kick Off-2pm

After Saturday's boring last 16 ties will we have a more enjoyable set of matches today?

Watching those 3 games yesterday was as boring as going out shopping and having to stand around for several hours with the Mrs.

Allez Payet!

Teams

France
    1 H. Lloris
    19 B. Sagna
    3 P. Evra
    4 A. Rami
    21 L. Koscielny
    14 B. Matuidi
    8 D. Payet
    15 P. Pogba
    5 N. Kanté
    9 O. Giroud
    7 A. Griezmann

Ireland
    23 D. Randolph
    2 S. Coleman
    17 S. Ward
    5 R. Keogh
    12 S. Duffy
    8 J. McCarthy
    11 J. McClean
    19 R. Brady
    13 J. Hendrick
    9 S. Long
    21 D. Murphy

FT

France 2-1 Ireland
    0-1 Brady 2' OG
    1-1 Griezmann 57'
    2-1 Griezmann 61'

Ireland played well in first half and went in 1-0 ahead at the break after scoring an early penalty so Deschamps took
    Kante off and brought on Coman and it helped to turn the game into France's favour with Antoine Griezmann scoring twice
    in just 4 minutes and when Duffy was sent off there was no coming back for the Irish with the French possibly set to play against England next.

Deserved win for France so no complaints from me. Thought we played really well in the first have and were largely comfortable in restricting them to long shots but bringing on Coman and moving Greizmann into the centre totally changed there game and we just couldn't live with their pace and movement.

Our lack of quality in midfield showed us up in the end, we just don't have enough technical players who are comfortable in possession and passing but I have no criticism against the players, everyone gave their all and it was a much closer contest than I expected.

We have big problems going forward with the complete lack of technical players and lack of new blood coming through but that's any argument for another day

Ya the better team won but we were good in the first half. If Brady and Hendrick got on the ball more I feel we could have scored again coz they were two that showed quality. A real mess up in defence for the second french goal. Should not happen at any level of football. At least we went out with our heads held high. We gave it everything in the end.we're looking good for the world cup qualifiers