Thread: R16-Germany v Slovakia-26th June-Kick Off-5pm

R16-Germany v Slovakia-26th June-Kick Off-5pm

Germany won their group and without conceding a goal while Slovakia came 3rd in their group after a famous win against the Russians.
    Will it be a comfortable win for the world champions?

Re: R16-Germany v Slovakia-26th June-Kick Off-5pm

Teams

Germany
    1 M. Neuer
    17 J. Boateng
    5 M. Hummels
    3 J. Hector
    8 M. Özil
    6 S. Khedira
    18 T. Kroos
    11 J. Draxler
    21 J. Kimmich
    23 M. Gómez
    13 T. Müller

Slovakia
    23 M. Kozá?ik
    3 M. Škrtel
    2 P. Pekarík
    4 J. ?urica
    5 N. Gyömbér
    14 M. Škriniar
    17 M. Hamšík
    19 J. Kucka
    13 P. Hrošovský
    21 M. ?uriš
    7 V. Weiss

HT

Germany 2-0 Slovakia

Boatang with his first ever goal for Germany and Gomez just before break ends a comfortable first half.
    Poor penalty from Ozil

FT

Germany 3-0 Slovakia
    1-0 Boatang 8'
    2-0 Gomez 43'
    3-0 Draxler 63'

A straight forward victory for the world champions who have still not conceded a goal in the tournament yet!

The Germans are looking strong and will next play Italy or Spain in quarter finals

that's what I meant.. friendlies doesn't mean anything... in May they lost a friendly against Slovakia 1-3 ... but look what happens if Germany actually gives a f***

a proper German performance. ruthless and relentless, looking for more even at 3-0 up. I love watching the German national side play when they're in that mood. Kroos once again operating as the string puller and they look so much more threatening with Gomez in the team as we saw against NI.

Slovakia were rarely given a sniff and even though the Germans have a tough run for the final, you wouldn't bet against them now they've got into their stride.

Started watching around the 27th minute ,got to the 72 nd minute and i didn't even know Ozil was playing in all that time in between. Not until i saw a slow mo of him given Schweinsteiger a high five after a missed chance WTF!
    text book German outing against a side punching above it's weight.
    Again a very ordinary bunch of players ,that play as unit better than any other team around.

I think that Muller, Goetze and Ozil are not in good form right now...
    that means that Germany is compensating Muller, Ozil, Gotze, Gundogan and Reus in their midfield and still playing so good.. it's incredible how deep they are imo..
    the full backs Hector and Kimmich are doing very well too so far..

Kroos is playing on Xavi-2010-level right now.. I never thought he'd become so good and important to Germany..

Quote Originally Posted by Simply
    I think that Muller, Goetze and Ozil are not in good form right now...
    that means that Germany is compensating Muller, Ozil, Gotze, Gundogan and Reus in their midfield and still playing so good.. it's incredible how deep they are imo..
    the full backs Hector and Kimmich are doing very well too so far..

Kroos is playing on Xavi-2010-level right now.. I never thought he'd become so good and important to Germany..
    yep, Kroos has been impressive. nothing happens without his involvement and Xavi is a very good comparison indeed.

this match was the first time I've properly watched Draxler and obviously I was impressed. a very 'un-german' approach to his game but certainly a wildcard. not sure whether that was an unusually productive game from him but he seems to me to be far ahead of Chubby Gotze based on that game alone.

always makes me laugh when people write off Germany and their players.